PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2007, 09:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800

BusDriver is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Which Today screen/'IM client and why? PLUS vol. fix please!

OK - there's a lot of today screens out there.

I'm using the HTC Home - which is OK. There were elements of the SBP Home that I liked - but both seem to have an issue that I can't fix.

I am using threaded SMS - and for some reason - sometimes the indicator doesn't catch the SMS coming in... The phone vibrates and sometimes it will even say 1 for a few seconds - and then it goes to zero.

Anyone else have this issue? (I had it w/ both of them)

and is there a reason you are adamant that one today screen is better and why (less memory, smaller footprint, better design etc).

Also - It seems there are a lot of mulit-IM clients. I LOVED veri-chat for the palm - it was always on.. but didn't use up your battery - is there anything like that for this device? Any thoughts on Palringo? I can't get it to work at all (I can't register on the site)... and same question - is there a GREAT IM program that surpasses the others.

FINALLY - there's gotta be a volume fix for the verizon xv6800 - I did something someone posted about switching the phone to 14k. Didnt seem to really do anything much... (but it kinda said that in the post anyway).

So is there one that I just haven't seen yet?

Also - all of you are SUPER helpful, and patient - and I really do appreciate it. Reading posts and responses - you're all very helpful - so I just wanted to add a thanks! (even before you reply)
Old 12-15-2007, 04:58 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
First off... Iv used all three im clients, and i love palringo the best...
Second off, there is a mild volume fix, but its for the sprint version, so you will
have to wait for one for your phone...
as for the home screen thing, mine also does that but like once a day... so i just ignore it... i use the home screen on my mogul to keep the home screen minimal and save ram... when i go to the touch i will molest my ram with my home screen

so really all the help i can give is, palringo rules, and signing up was super simple...
Try a diff browser??? i dont get what you mean by you can sign up...
Old 12-15-2007, 09:00 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

BusDriver is a n00b
first off - thanks for your help.

Second... I registered - and can log into the site using my email/pw - but when I use the PPC program - it won't recognize my login ID.

strange.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Go here for a volume fix: http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...me-issues.html

Follow all of the directions and you should be set up.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:49 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
Thats the audio hack i was talking about...
In palringo are you using your email as your username?

Mine is my email and my password
Old 12-16-2007, 08:50 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

BusDriver is a n00b
does that vol. fix only work for sprint? Before I attempt it - I wanted to make sure it works for verizon.

ALso - I re-registered w/ Palringo and now it seems to be fine.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusDriver View Post
does that vol. fix only work for sprint? Before I attempt it - I wanted to make sure it works for verizon.
Yes it works with Verizon. I'm using it.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan