PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Flashing today: 2.17 or BigJ's?

I'm going to reflash my ROM this morning since I finished the book I purchased and because I'm having some nagging issues I want to clear up (plus I'm still on 2.16).

So, based on experiences anyone's had, am I better off going with the basic 2.17 or should I be trying BigJ's custom ROM?
Old 12-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

blazin-asian is keeping up the good workblazin-asian is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to blazin-asian
i havent seen much about BigJ's rom, but i see a lot of people experiencing better BT performance with 2.17.

im actually thinking of flashing mine to 2.17 as well. curious to see what others say.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:52 PM
Timeless
Threadstarter

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Yeah, see I hear great things about all of the customizations J's made, and I've seen his 6700s in person and he does great work, but I'm wondering if the fact that it's based off of an older ROM would put me at any disadvantage over 2.17.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

robgtheengineer is a n00b
I actually had some problems with Big J's ROM. Everytime I opened and closed a program, the messaging window popped up. I uninstalled and went with 2.17 untill he releases a new ROM. It was really fast, and I had much better battery life with it, just the messaging window popping up killed me.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Titan

hay112 is a n00b
no question

wm5

best thing since sliced bread
Old 12-10-2007, 06:14 PM
Timeless
Threadstarter

I went ahead and flashed to J's ROM, but I'm now flashing to 2.17. I liked some of his stuff, but half the programs were trial versions, and a lot of it just felt like I was using someone else's computer. Plus I know J is extremely meticulous about care of his phone and won't so much as touch the screen with his finger, so his layout was optimized with the stylus in mind, and I much prefer to leave the stylus in its slot 90% of the time. All-in-all I think I'll go back to stock ROMs and wait for a good kitchen with which to build something that fits me better.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

hAvAAck is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to hAvAAck
I've been using bigJ's ROM, but with tons of stuff installed over it, so it "feels" right to me
I keep having the memory leak, so I might try out WM5

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan