PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2007, 04:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: titan
Carrier: Sprint

cbunting is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Delay when answering calls

Ok, I'm having a wierd problem, when I get an incoming call, press accept, it takes approx 3-5 seconds to actually connect and begin to receive audio from the person... Only started doing this shortly after I loaded the latest rom on, but not right away....

Any ideas??
Old 12-09-2007, 10:29 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
This is usually due to a delay in dropping a data connection... have you installed Advanced Configuration 1.1 or other tweaking utility? There is a bug in AC1.1 that causes this (and often worse, it won't answer at all).

The bad news is that once it starts happening, the only current fix is to hard reset and not install the applications that caused it.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

DiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
From another thread:

Fix The Slow Ringer

To do this, you will need your MSL, which only Sprint (or your provider) can provide you. Open up the phone app and dial ##778# (PST). You will be asked to enter your MSL. Enter it, and you will be brought into the provisioning of your phone. From the top left, select Modem Settings. On this page, your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) is how often your phone polls the tower for incoming calls, etc. This value is 1.28 seconds multiplied by 2^value (i.e 0=1.28 secs, 1=2.56secs) with 0 fastest, 7 slowest. The default is 2, but lowering it to 1 hasn't noticeably affected my battery life, and roughly 2.5 second (SCI 1) response time is far more reasonable than roughly 5 seconds (SCI 2)

--------------------------------------
Works perfect for me at 1.

|Sprint 'Evo'|
|Follow me on Twitter @LarkNoVoorhies|
Old 12-09-2007, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

rycelover is just getting started
I reported on this a few days ago here and no solution was found - it's definitely not a slow ringer problem; the ringer rings but you just can't answer the call. GoodThings2Life is right about Advance Configurations 1.1 being the root of the problem; i finally downgraded my radio to 1.40, did a hard reset and reloaded everything except that program and have not had a problem. If the OP doesn't have AC1.1 installed, then it must be something else.

Last edited by rycelover; 12-09-2007 at 05:02 PM. Reason: forgot about downgrading to 1.40 radio
Old 12-09-2007, 04:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

paynej is becoming a great contributor
I had this problem with radio 1.47. It took 7 seconds after I answered thje phone until the call would connect. When I downgraded to the 1.40 radio the problem disappeared.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: titan
Threadstarter

cbunting is a n00b
aww crap, well I guess AC 1.1 did it...sucks that I have to hard reset, just got everything working like I wanted... grrrr .. thanks for your help guys

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan