PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2007, 01:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: sprint

z28evans is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Accidently turned off the backlighting

funny story - could have sucked:

I've been playing with my phone, making changes with htc home, etc. I accidently set the backlighting control to one of my quick launch buttons - which i then clicked a couple of times by accident. Everything went dark, and i couldn't figure out how to brighten the screen. I fiddled with it for a 30 minutes trying to remember how to (and where to push) to adjust the lighting. I was getting worried that i was going to have to hard reset it (after just getting everything the way i wanted it). I managed to brighten the screen, so disaster averted. Also noticed that i had deleted some things while playing with it darkened.

Anyway, close call that was very annoying. I'll try not to do that again
Old 12-06-2007, 01:55 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28evans View Post
funny story - could have sucked:

I've been playing with my phone, making changes with htc home, etc. I accidently set the backlighting control to one of my quick launch buttons - which i then clicked a couple of times by accident. Everything went dark, and i couldn't figure out how to brighten the screen. I fiddled with it for a 30 minutes trying to remember how to (and where to push) to adjust the lighting. I was getting worried that i was going to have to hard reset it (after just getting everything the way i wanted it). I managed to brighten the screen, so disaster averted. Also noticed that i had deleted some things while playing with it darkened.

Anyway, close call that was very annoying. I'll try not to do that again
Same exact thing happened to me. While running on battery, I made it dark. I kept trying to remember where the adjust button was off of memory, but then i remembered that it had two brightness settings. One for battery, and one for plug in. I plugged it in, and the screen came right back up.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

z28evans is a n00b
Quote:
i remembered that it had two brightness settings. One for battery, and one for plug in. I plugged it in, and the screen came right back up.
ahh, good call - i had forgotten about that =D>

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan