PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2007, 02:02 AM
Lurker

Makoa84 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Mogul User

Hey guys I just recently bought my Mogul about a month or so and never knew you could do so many tweaks to this device. This phone has been the best phone that I've ever purchased and have no complaints about it at all execpt when I put it on sleep mode it will flicker on and off, but anyways it seems like everyone has their own custom screen and was wondering how you all do it? Also what are must have custom apps I should have on my Mogul? I've gotten as far as getting AciveSync to work with my computer and have put a few apps in my phone but I was looking at threads on here and here are so many different ways of hacking into your phone such as getting into the registry which I have no idea on how to do........I'm sure im not the only one to post this kind of thread but I see it as a way of getting to know the users on here. So if anyone would like to help me out and give me a tutorial on adding custom apps to my Mogul please feel free to PM me or add a comment to the tread. Thanks!!
Old 11-27-2007, 08:25 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The first programs you should get a hold of are Adobe Flash Lite, Office 2007 (available in the PPCGeeks FTP), and the 33.106 build of Windows Live. Other than that, I have installed Google Maps from mobile.google.com, Inbox Extender (to have a Mark All as Read option), PHM Registry Editor, and the HTC Task Manager 2.0. Those pretty much solve all my application needs.

As for tweaks, well, I'm still working on my "perfect" set, because I have a LOT of them... mostly the Battery tweaks, Glyphcache tweak, and the single-line date tweak. Other than that it's just a bunch of custom tweaks to make hard resetting easier.

Many of us, myself included, have also found that using the 2.16 firmware from HTC along with the Titan Unlocker AND Radio 1.40 ROM patches (available on these forums) greatly improve the experience. Some have been more successful with the 2.09 firmware from HTC and the added custom ROM patches.

It's a lot to take in, I realize (and I'm still pretty new to cell phones in general), but definitely read through the forums a bit and search for the stuff I've posted about. If you get overwhelmed look at your phone and pick one particular aspect you'd like to improve and deal with it before moving on to the next.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan