PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2007, 04:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: cricket

bunvilla is keeping up the good workbunvilla is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile The "CUSTOM ROMS" report-How they differ/Apps installed/Benchmark Scores/Known Issues

Is it possible to gather that kind of info about the different custom roms and make it available to everyone? I know it would take some work to organize something like that, I would volunteer some of my time and i think that there might be some others who would also help to get that kind of info gathered and organized. I dont know about you, but it is a challenge to have to search through all the posts and hunt down all the different custom roms and then look to see if there is any revisions and also the feed back from users about them. Then alot of time there is very little info about what Apps are installed or what modification were down. ( i know its alot of work to have to list the stuff, i understand that, to all the DEVS that r reading this, I am not complaining) just trying to see if there is something we ("we" being all the nonDEVS) can do to help in that area. this is just a suggestion and if the title of this post caught your eye well then maybe we can get together and make that a reality.

thanks for your time
Old 11-25-2007, 04:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

leetsauce is just getting started
I think this is a good idea, but it might be a bit troublesome to organize all the info into one source, especially since these custom ROMs are constantly undergoing new development and changes. A better idea would be to have an Upgrades subforum like the Apache does, and put all custom ROM threads in there. It would be a step towards organizing this custom ROM mess.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:46 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800 Mizzogul

d_phekt is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to d_phekt Send a message via MSN to d_phekt Send a message via Yahoo to d_phekt
I agree. When I had my 6700 it was pretty easy to figure out and decide what roms I wanted to flash to. Now that I own a Mogul I am a little more confused on which custom roms are what, whats in them, and which ones are running most stable at the moment. I flashed my 6700 on a weekly basis LOL, but now I just haven't done it, and I feel like this is the main reason.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

akijikan is keeping up the good workakijikan is keeping up the good workakijikan is keeping up the good work
Dude you are freaking me out...I was just thinking about making a post JUST like this
Old 11-25-2007, 08:42 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
This is being talked about over here.......
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=12311
Old 11-25-2007, 12:09 PM
TC1
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan

TC1 is a n00b
Any info gathered will all be moot once the new Sprint ROM is published within a week or two... if it works. If it works as advertised, then all the ROMS will be have to be redone so that they have a proven, stable base. Once you have a stable base, kitchens will start to pop up.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan