PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vx6800
Carrier: Verizon

dkreifus is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
vx6800 wifi crashes at 1 location only

This is very weird situation. I haven't used my wifi on my phone for almost a year because it seemed to be broken.

On whim, I turned it on at work, and voila, it was working fine! I then turned it on at home again, and the wifi stack crashed. I turned it on again at my mother in law's house, and it worked with no issue.

What could cause it to crash at one location and not another? A type of wifi signal?
Old 03-28-2010, 01:35 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: vx6800 wifi crashes at 1 location only

define "crash"..did it freeze up? did it turn off? stop working?

also what radio/rom are you using?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-28-2010, 05:19 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: vx6800 wifi crashes at 1 location only

If there are many wifi in the area of the crash (20 or so), then it is a lacking of wm on scanning with the slow mogul. There was a place where my mogul crashed constantly and now the TP2 doesn't. This is visible while also using navizon which scans the wifi. My problem would happen while running navizon or just looking at available wifi points with wm.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan