PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2007, 10:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

almighty is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
overheating 6800?

seems like anytime i use a decent amount of bandwidth while the phone is teathered the phone gets really hot. then the charge light will begin to flash and it will not longer charge... is this my battery overheating? it kinda seems "weak" that running just a bit of data will cause a overheating issue. this also happens if i have the phone plugged into the wall unit and have a data connection the really sad thing is this is in my home and i enjoy it to be cool 65-70 F and its not near a heating vent or anything warm is this a faulty mogul?
Old 11-11-2007, 11:22 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Happens to me all the time and i'm on my 4th mogul lol.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Titan

InsaneJester17 is a n00b
I've been having a problem where I talk on the phone while plugged in and it gets pretty damn warm. The screen wil freeze white and the bluetooth light will be more white then blue and constantly lit. Weird since I don't ever have bluetooth on. I usually have to reset the phone if i talk while plugged for more then 20 minutes.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Alloy is a n00b
I've expereinced similar problems with my 6800 getting hot. But I can't say I've had charging issues like I do with my 6700.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:36 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime
same thing happens when i'm watchin videos on mine, but when we do all those things while we charge the mogul and it overheats, it stops charging. all in all, we'll be fine as long as we don't make excessive use while charging.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:46 AM
iZm
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul 6800

iZm is a n00b
I don't know if any of you have X-Button 2.0 installed, but my 6800 used to overheat when I was using it. I re-installed X-Button 1.5 and everything went back to normal.

Much Luv,
iZm
Old 11-12-2007, 01:21 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
I've never had my 6800 overheat. I must be lucky?
Old 12-22-2007, 04:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: sprint

pflatlyne is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
I've never had my 6800 overheat. I must be lucky?
I think its the usage pattern. Its a problem many people seem to be having. There are things you can to do help it,but its allways a problem. Turning bt off will help. Also reduce the power of your wifi to minimum (its in the settings). Also you can try removing the back and opening the keyboard. That goes a long way. Turning wifi off altogether and using the USB can also help. At the end of the day though,it still can happen. My solution,which is not really a good one,is to sit the phone on top of a fan. I happened to have the broken fan from a socket 478 intel cpu cooler. I hook up the power and sit the phone on the upside down fan and it keeps it cool. A pretty screwed up solution,but its the best Ive been able to come up with.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan