PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2007, 02:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

bcrooker is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Caller Id => Contact Lookup Algorithm

Does anyone know the logic used by WM6 to identify the contact record for an incoming call?

I ask because I have many contacts that share one or more numbers (e.g. businesses with a single incoming phone number) and would like to control which contact it shows when I am getting a phone call.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:23 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
I've wondered the same thing. If I'm not mistaken, much like my previous phone, it's alphabetical. Whatever the first contact is with that number is what shows. I'd rather it be smart enough to show the one that has ONLY that number listed, or something along those lines. That way when my office calls my phone, for instance, it doesn't show as a specific employee from my office who's likely NOT the one calling me.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

bcrooker is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
I've wondered the same thing. If I'm not mistaken, much like my previous phone, it's alphabetical. Whatever the first contact is with that number is what shows. I'd rather it be smart enough to show the one that has ONLY that number listed, or something along those lines. That way when my office calls my phone, for instance, it doesn't show as a specific employee from my office who's likely NOT the one calling me.
Its definitely not alphabetical because my name comes before (first and last name) one of my business partners, and if the office calls it always says my business partner is calling rather than the contact which is associated with the office. Unless it is smart enough to realize that my contact is myself and is skipping it.

I am going to try to move the office phone number for each of the partners to 'Work Number 2' and have the generic office assign the number to 'Work Number' and see if that changes anything.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan