PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   New ROM - Sprint 2.16 - Touch (Vogue) Bluetooth hybrid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11474)

jtrag 11-10-2007 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenny (Post 118976)
Kk that's one of the thoughts that crossed my mind, but wasn't sure. Testing out bluetooth as I type...

Awesome! Reply to this thread if you find any bugs or anything, or if you just want to report how good it's working... Any feedback is appreciated and will be useful for future ROM development.

Tenny 11-10-2007 08:25 PM

Everything seems good so far, but no one is answering their phone so no luck testing the 'quality' out that was an issue with 2.08 / 2.09. Currently I'm BT'd to my headset, GPS, and laptop and all seem to work fine.

I have let it go into standby twice now, with bluetooth working and both times it came back up working and the dpad working... obviously further testing is needed but so far so good. Also turning hands free on / off seems to work well, which I was having problems with 2.16.

My only feedback thus far is to remove some of the bloatware (java, music store, messenger, windows live) personally I'd love to have big button dialer, the 8 comm thing, but everyone wants everything differently so if i have to install it.. no problem :)

jokeman3000 11-10-2007 08:27 PM

FYI, regarding the requested rom I asked about earlier, this is ideally what i'm looking for: I realize you won't customize roms specifically for everyone's needs but the closer the better!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=341799

holo 11-10-2007 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenny (Post 118983)
Everything seems good so far, but no one is answering their phone so no luck testing the 'quality' out that was an issue with 2.08 / 2.09. Currently I'm BT'd to my headset, GPS, and laptop and all seem to work fine.

I have let it go into standby twice now, with bluetooth working and both times it came back up working and the dpad working... obviously further testing is needed but so far so good. Also turning hands free on / off seems to work well, which I was having problems with 2.16.

My only feedback thus far is to remove some of the bloatware (java, music store, messenger, windows live) personally I'd love to have big button dialer, the 8 comm thing, but everyone wants everything differently so if i have to install it.. no problem :)

some of us like java and the music store to be on there - they aren't using any ram when they aren't actually running and the mogul has near unlimited storage space so what is the problem with them in there?....

Tenny 11-10-2007 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holo (Post 118986)
some of us like java and the music store to be on there - they aren't using any ram when they aren't actually running and the mogul has near unlimited storage space so what is the problem with them in there?....

If you enjoy the Java, you should really look into Jbed Java (I think was the name), it works a lot better and it runs gmail also.

I still think that a clean rom would be best to start with, as most everything else can be downloaded and added by individual users when they want it... but hey I am not complaining as long as this works I am happy... I called 2 more people and neither answered... gah I am calling my house phone and just leaving it on for 10 minutes... we'll see how this goes

Tenny 11-10-2007 08:53 PM

Ok, I had the dpad hiccup for a second there... but i just continued pressing buttons and it worked eventually.. just took about 10 seconds... the bluetooth also seemed to turn off at this same point too.

Ok, I set my computer to play a show, and I listened on my home phone. Results seemed mixed. It was hard to tell if the problem was with the bluetooth or the actual playing from the laptop. It seemed at first it was really choppy, but then after i re-adjusted the blue tooth it sounded a lot better. So I'll have to talk to someone for a while before I know for sure.

hay112 11-10-2007 09:25 PM

i'm gonna give it a whirl, hell it can't hurt, i've already flashed my mogul 4 times today

Darkness231 11-10-2007 09:32 PM

BT just shut off (disconnects, but in comm manager BT is shown on and the Blue LED is not flashing) on me within first 30 mins.. Using the 1.40 radio and only Resco file explorer and Wisbar lite installed.

Tenny 11-10-2007 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkness231 (Post 119005)
BT just shut off (disconnects, but in comm manager BT is shown on and the Blue LED is not flashing) on me within first 30 mins.. Using the 1.40 radio and only Resco file explorer and Wisbar lite installed.

Yeah my BT has turned off 3 times now... so that 'bug' is still there. Have you tried talking to anyone yet?

neilson 11-10-2007 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfaure03 (Post 118957)
in nz your titan is most likely a GSM phone. This is intended for a mogul, CDMA phone. there are a number of roms out there for the titan in other markets.

Telecom New Zealand is CDMA, just like Verizon and Sprint. Vodafone is the GSM carrier.