PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   New ROM - Sprint 2.16 - Touch (Vogue) Bluetooth hybrid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11474)

jtrag 11-10-2007 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krohnjw (Post 119088)
Flashing now - Will report any issues.

Be sure to NOT let the auto-customizations run on the first boot. Also, after you flash, disconnect the USB cable and do a hard reset. I've noticed that sometimes after flashing a ROM, it is better to do a hard reset before you boot it up for the first time.

huynhc 11-10-2007 11:43 PM

jtraq,

although i havent tried your rom yet, just wanted to say thanks for effort you're putting into this!

jtrag 11-10-2007 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huynhc (Post 119095)
jtraq,

although i havent tried your rom yet, just wanted to say thanks for effort you're putting into this!

Thank you. You're very welcome. There's a lot of us trying to improve this device. We'll get it figured out. Just might take us a lot of trial and error to get there. Hang in there guys, we're working on it.

nosmohtac 11-10-2007 11:49 PM

jtrag,

I tried this ROM and had to go back to sfaure03's ROM. I do appreciate your effort with this though.

I will keep checking back to this thread and try it again as things progress.

I did have the BT shut off on me a couple of times
Certain files would flash like crazy in file explorer
I experienced the lock up when going to start>settings, but I hard reset again and soft reset prior to customization and that fixed that.
I can't get my BT stereo headset to work for both phone and PDA (I can listen to music or a movie, but if a call comes in it doesn't switch to handsfree, or I can have it set as handsfree, but then the sound from movies and music comes through the mogul speaker).

I can't get my headset to work with the sfaure03 ROM either, but I haven't had the BT shut off on me and everything else seems to work OK.

Thanks again for all of your hard work.

2kmy477 11-11-2007 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosmohtac (Post 119073)
I had the same problem, but if you hard reset and then soft reset before the customization starts (don't load the OEM stuff) then it doesn't freeze when you go in to settings.

I did not let the Sprint stuff run after the hard reset,it froze up almost every time when tried to do some settings.I performed hard reset several times already,same issue,lockups and bt disconnected.

krohnjw 11-11-2007 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtrag (Post 119089)
Be sure to NOT let the auto-customizations run on the first boot. Also, after you flash, disconnect the USB cable and do a hard reset. I've noticed that sometimes after flashing a ROM, it is better to do a hard reset before you boot it up for the first time.

I did not let the customizations run. After installing all of the icons for the 3rd party apps show up as flashing in the "Programs" folder. I also had the freezing issue when going into the System Settings.

I hard reset after that to see if it was possibly due to not having a hard reset after the flash - same issues again.

Anything else you would like me to try before going back to 2.16 + 1.40?

Edit: Froze when entering the sliding sounds settings as well - seems to be editing settings in general.

dishe 11-11-2007 12:39 AM

Dude, we should be working TOGETHER, not parallel.
See thread about this that's been going on all last week:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11258

freeza 11-11-2007 05:15 AM

Is there a way to get all of those bluetooth enhancements in a cab to install seperately?

thanks!

nosmohtac 11-11-2007 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freeza (Post 119225)
Is there a way to get all of those bluetooth enhancements in a cab to install seperately?

thanks!

click on the link to the thread in the post above yours and you'll see that it's not that simple. It has to be built in to the ROM.

zeurx 11-11-2007 09:56 AM

how did you change the pagepool size. i remember reading something on a different device but could not find the hex offsets for the titan