PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2007, 04:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC P4000

brockmo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Function buttons stopped working on my Titan

So just today I go to make a phone call (HTC P4000 - Canadian CDMA Titan) by hitting the button and nothing happened. I reboot, again nothing happened. I did not make any software changes or drop the phone at all yesterday. It just randomly stopped working. After further testing, the jog wheel works (along with the click on the jog wheel), the directional pad in the middle of buttons below screen (along with the click) works, and the power button on the side (to turn screen off, or hold to be prompted for reboot) works. Everything else does not: the IE and messaging button at the top above the screen, the 2 function keys below the screen, as well as the windows and OK button below that. ALSO along the sides of the phone all buttons do not work (comm manager, camera, voice record, ok.... power does work though keep in mind).

Does this sound like a physical issue or possible software or OS corruption of some sort? What is bizarre to me is that the OK button along the side works, yet the button right below it (comm manager) does not work. It would make sense that this button (the power) would be wired differently as it's more essential i suppose. What are your thoughts? Anything I should try or does this sound 100% like hardware... if it is that's ok cuz I have a warranty through my carrier for the entire length of my contract. Thanks for any tips or advice in advance!
Old 11-06-2007, 10:23 PM
Lurker

Logan is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Logan
did you check in your settings that all of these buttons were applied to do the certian actions your looking for
Old 11-06-2007, 11:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: MOGUL 6800

darkomen is a n00b
That happened to me too I had to send the phone for a checkup. They ordered a new one. Arriving tomorrow. BTW did you happen to update your phone with that last oct 22 firmware? It started giving me problems a few days after I installed it.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC P4000
Threadstarter

brockmo is a n00b
Oct 22nd firmware? I wasn't aware there was an update released. I had the default Telus WM6 ROM installed (we are talking Telus right? - I noticed you have 6800 listed as your phone). What I ended up doing was returning the phone and getting a new one. Darkomen, where do you download the latest p4000 firmware updates, etc.?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan