PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2007, 03:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC-Mogul

DogGuy is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
DogGuy's Educational Command-Line Kitchen

Straight out of the ReadMe.doc....

DogGuy's Quitch Yer Bitchin' Command-Line Kitchen (Educational, but Functional) Version 0.2

First things first:

This is NOT the Official Kitchen!

This is NOT a GUI (point and click) Kitchen

This Kitchen may royally Bork your phone!

Use at your own risk!

Alright, with that said, let's talk about what this kitchen *is*.

This is my attempt at providing an educational, yet functional command-line based kitchen for the 6800 (Titan, Mogul, etc etc). While this is not a point and click kitchen, many of the requirements for successful building of a custom rom are nicely automated. My intent is not to provide newbies with an instant and easy solution to the process of building custom roms, but to instead help those people who are trying to learn about the tools and functions going on "behind the scenes" of the GUI-based kitchens. If you are looking for an easy kitchen, or are uncomfortable with DOS, command prompts, and editing by hand, this is not for you. Please wait for the Official Kitchen Release, which will be a much easier and simpler process. (Major thanks to the real kitchen dev team. You guys are putting in a ton of effort, and doing a great job!)

All tools included are freely available on Xda-Developers. Anyone could have created this kitchen, I simply wrote scripts to automate the process and guide people along their cooking path. Feel free to edit and modify to your liking. ...

Want the rest? Go download it on the ppcgeeks ftp, Titan\Users\DogGuy.

EDIT 11/19/07: There is now also a DogGuy Kitchen with BT Base.rar. This file is *not* a kitchen maker, but an actual pre-built kitchen based on a very nice, snappy, (hopefully) fixed BT base rom. Only a small smattering of OEMs are included, and an options.xml to allow easy removal of some of the base items. See the thread on DogGuy's Kitchen (Now with Working BT).

Why'd I do this? Because I'm convinced there are more people like me, who learn a lot from seeing things (read: tools) used properly, and then deconstructing something that already works the way it should. I highly encourage anyone using this kitchen as a tool to learn to edit my scripts, and read them carefully to see exactly how each tool falls into place.

There are still a number of features and aspects of rom cooking that are untouched by this kitchen. If enough interest exists, I'll put out new versions with additional functionality (offered in a hopefully educational way).

If you have issues with its use, find the instructions unclear, or want to know why I wrote a script the way I did, feel free to PM me, or come find me in the chat.

Use, learn, enjoy!

- DogGuy

Credits:

Tadzio and Bepe and tiermann deserve the highest credits for creating fantastic tools.

ImCokeMan, sfaure3 and dcd also deserve a world of thanks for putting up with a complete PPC newbie and helping me on my path to kitchen-dom.

A thanks to Wideawake. His excellent efforts in breaking down the steps for the Apache were instrumental in understanding the similarities with the 6800. And of course his forum.

Finally, a thanks to the entire PPCGeeks community. You guys rock. I would never have even begun messing around with my Mogul if it weren’t for you.

Last edited by DogGuy; 11-19-2007 at 05:21 AM.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:43 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Great work on releasing this as it should appease many. I noticed that you stated people could PM you...may god have mercy on your soul...lol.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
I noticed that you stated people could PM you...may god have mercy on your soul...lol.
brave guy indeed lol

thx for work!
Old 11-05-2007, 09:44 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Thank you DogGuy for doing this, very cool. But I will say this agian, good luck with all the PMs.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 11-05-2007, 12:46 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level
this is cool I have made attempts at my owwn roms the only problem I have is that I do not know what can and cannot be taken out of the original rom for instance I have made flashable nbh's that will not go pass the HTC logo screen
Old 11-06-2007, 02:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC P4000, UTStarcom 6700, HTC S720, Moto Q, Moto Q9c
Carrier: TELUS

phuangk is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
this is cool I have made attempts at my owwn roms the only problem I have is that I do not know what can and cannot be taken out of the original rom for instance I have made flashable nbh's that will not go pass the HTC logo screen
I will suggest you start up with dcd or No2Chem's rom clean rom, cuz it's easier to add apps than taking away apps from original rom (at least for me)...

DogGuy, thank you for your hard work to make my life easier... and thanks for all the help you provided!! I have successfully made my own custom rom .
Old 11-06-2007, 02:56 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Oooh the first Kitchen for the Mogul. Nice
Old 11-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
so... let's hear about some ROM sucesses with this tool!
Old 11-06-2007, 07:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

vMAC is a n00b
No one has answered my question and I think that I'm going crazy because it doesn't seem to be a problem for anyone else. SO here's my question:

Once I have dumped the ROM and have it so that I can see the folders and the files how do I go about finding out which files can be deleted from ROM? How do I know what the specific .dlls do? So that I know that if I want to take out the transcriber which dlls are applicable to that part of the software?
Old 11-06-2007, 08:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC-Mogul
Threadstarter

DogGuy is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by vMAC View Post
No one has answered my question and I think that I'm going crazy because it doesn't seem to be a problem for anyone else. SO here's my question:

Once I have dumped the ROM and have it so that I can see the folders and the files how do I go about finding out which files can be deleted from ROM? How do I know what the specific .dlls do? So that I know that if I want to take out the transcriber which dlls are applicable to that part of the software?
Use the package tool for one (automatic when running PrepIt.bat in my kitchen). This will categorize the files for you to have a general idea of what is connected. Part two is to use the HV Tools and rip open the reg files. Search for file names and directories that match things you don't know. Usually a good read through the registry will identify what files relate to where.... usually. For everything else, google, or ask, or cover your eyes and cross your fingers. :P

- DogGuy

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan