PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2007, 02:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile HTC Touch Alternative

Use Touch Commander with Sampsons WM5 Rom on Mogul

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are torn between the Mogul and the HTC Touch try this fix.....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download the Sampson Rom (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=341977)
and Touch Commander ($15 retail at http://www.touch-commander.com/)

I am getting 22 Megs free and with Touch Commander running 16-17 Megs free. No out of memory issues and the memory stays stable all day. Unless HTC worked a miracle with WM6 or downgraded the Touch to WM5 you will have memory issues with the HTC Touch.

Also able to run memory intensive apps like Picsel (PPCGeeks version ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks....browserSC1.cab )
Old 11-04-2007, 02:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
bleh wm5 boo
Old 11-04-2007, 03:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Titan

InsaneJester17 is a n00b
What's wrong with WM5?

I don't like this touch commander. for one it's pay and two you have to open the program anyway, unlike the real touch where u just slide up.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

poorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to poorlyduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneJester17 View Post
What's wrong with WM5?

I don't like this touch commander. for one it's pay and two you have to open the program anyway, unlike the real touch where u just slide up.
actually you can use touchflo to slide up the touch commander by modifying the Ftouchfloconfig.txt
Old 11-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work
I am looking at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXuw0gzTelo
and thinking this guy probably has 2mb free with all that junk...
Old 11-04-2007, 03:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Apache PPC-6700

BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY
all you get is 22 megs with sampsons rom. i get 27-28 free with wisbar and pocket plus 4. i needed wisbar because wm5 is ugly lol.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: iphone
Carrier: att

rusty is a n00b
touch commander doesnt work with the stock wm6?
Old 11-04-2007, 08:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive

livejazz is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by furiousgtz View Post
I am looking at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXuw0gzTelo
and thinking this guy probably has 2mb free with all that junk...
You'd be surprised at how much you can actually load on it. I have been using this line-up for two generations, now, and no problems. I am posting screen shots of the remove to simnplify.

It takes two because there are so many. I am not proud of it or anything. Just got attached to these programs over the years. As far as I can see, I don't suffer any reduced performance so I just keep on using them. Also, I am running the new ROM (2.16). I am one of those lucky ones that is not affected by the new ROM (so is my wife, btw).

matt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ss200710260009080656.JPG (73.9 KB, 52 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ss200710260010080708.JPG (71.9 KB, 42 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by livejazz View Post
I am one of those lucky ones that is not affected by the new ROM (so is my wife, btw).
That would make sense since a majority of the problems seem to be region-specific (based on signals). You may think everything is hunky-dory now, and then you and the Mrs. go on vacation to an area with a lot of voice roaming / fringe EVDO, and find your phone frozen every 5 min.

I'm just sayin, don't go thinkin' you just got lucky. In fact, try forcing your phone into roam-only under the settings, or force it to use EVDO only... Pretty sure one of those will freeze your device with the 1.47 rom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneJester17 View Post
What's wrong with WM5?
Not much, but some of were actually waiting for WM6 because of certain features, for example better A2DP support (wm5 only had stereo bluetooth working correctly on specific devices. Most music headsets had this terrible distortion / hiss).
I use my PPC as my Music/Media Player, and wireless music is a big deal for me. The a2dp part of the stack in WM6 fixed all the quality issues, and for some of us (me) there is no going back- unless someone figures out how to import the BT stack.

But whatever the case may be... there are clean WM6 roms that have as much memory as sampsons... I was running one of DCD's for a while that had 27MB free, and had the benefit of WM6 style graphics, as well as office and MMS support built in.

WM5 may run smoother, but you DO give up some things, especially on Sampson's clean rom. Still waiting for the perfect rom...
Old 11-05-2007, 07:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive

livejazz is becoming a great contributor
I am waiting for that to happen. Unfortunately I don't get to take the Missus, daughters, or the six Arabians, but I do travel a lot for business. I have been to shows in Las Vegas, Chicago, Baltimore, and Atlantic City, since I got it in July. I will admit that I do have lock-ups a couple times per week, but over all, not huge problems. I think, in general though, that roaming is roaming and those that are going to have these problems are going to have them wherever and those don't have them MAY not. The whole thing is sortof quirky. It's a good guess that different sources were used for some of the hardware within the divice. This has affected some devices in the past. An example would be the bluetooth radio. There has been no guarantee of the source of the bt radio so they could have gotten them from multiple sources ...... never know.

I am not even a little happy about all this because I have to to a lot of consoling with my customers. Based on what I was told by my Sprint Rep, I highly recommended this device to all of my current customers, as well as new customers. If you look at my web site, you will see that recommendation is still there based on a contractual vendor agreement I made. Aaaarrrrgggghh.

matt

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan