PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2007, 02:38 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Compiled flashable nbh of sprint 2.08 OS

Good news for everyone that has been unhappy with their newest sprint rom updates and wants to go back to the ORIGINAL Sprint rom (2.08.651.4). I was able to compile the 2.08 OS into a flashable nbh for everyone that is interested (thanks for dumping the files from your device afx). Please note that I have compiled this OS from the original Sprint Mogul release and have not made additional modifications. That means this will still have any bugs associated from that release, but it will have a little more free storage space.

Here is the link:
ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/Im...RUU_signed.rar

Last edited by ImCoKeMaN; 03-14-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:43 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Any benefits from doing this?

I'm curious if alarms work for example... I'm tired of leaving my phone on the charger all night every night with it set not to sleep so I get up in the morning...
Old 11-03-2007, 02:46 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Threadstarter

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
This is the original Sprint rom. It will still suffer from the alarm bug as that was only fixed in the 2.16 release (which had other problems). However this will allow some of the other rom tweakers out there to have another base to either use or pull from. If you don't remember 2.08 as being your favorite than you don't need "downgrade" to this, but if you read around you will see a few people have missed certain things from it.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:44 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Nice work ImCoKeMaN. 2.08 was the original ROM on the Moguls sold through telesales a month before they were released to retail stores. The Moguls sold a month later at the official launch to the retail stores had 2.09 on them. A 2.09 downloadable upgrade was provided by HTC for the 2.08 users.

2.08 had most of the same bugs that 2.09 did. Once exception would be the hard keyboard issue 2.09 had with .net applications as 2.08 never had that problem.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker

psywzrd is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
Good news for everyone that has been unhappy with their newest sprint rom updates and wants to go back to the ORIGINAL Sprint rom (2.08.651.4). I was able to compile the 2.08 OS into a flashable nbh for everyone that is interested (thanks for dumping the files from your device afx). Please note that I have compiled this OS from the original Sprint Mogul release and have not made additional modifications. That means this will still have any bugs associated from that release, but it will have a little more free storage space.

Here is the link:
ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@ftp.ppcgeeks...RUU_signed.rar
This is awesome! Thank you so much for doing this for us. I've downloaded the file and I'm ready to give it a shot but I'm not sure what to do. Should I just follow the steps in the "Titan Flashing for Dummies" sticky?
Old 11-03-2007, 11:24 AM
afx
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)

afx is keeping up the good workafx is keeping up the good work
Im still waiting for my cookies..

Am I a hero yet?
Old 11-03-2007, 01:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX
This is awesome. I am still using this ROM, reading the various posts about the two newer ROMs has kept me from updating, but now I can try a custom rom with the knowledge that I can always go back to my current settings with a simple flash and spb backup if I need to.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
This is awesome. I am still using this ROM, reading the various posts about the two newer ROMs has kept me from updating, but now I can try a custom rom with the knowledge that I can always go back to my current settings with a simple flash and spb backup if I need to.
LOL do you know how long we have been looking for someone with this ROM??!!

Anyway, good luck with the custom ROMs, there are a lot to choose from.

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
Old 11-03-2007, 03:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx
Carrier: Verizon

instrmntuvdeth is a n00b
do I have to use the rom unlocker that Olipro developed?
Old 11-03-2007, 03:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Destructor is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by slypher View Post
LOL do you know how long we have been looking for someone with this ROM??!!
-s
I apparently haven't been visiting the forums enough, as I've had the original ROM since I bought the phone on Day 1.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan