PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2007, 02:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatom3 View Post
Mine doesn't have a Dword of "Scan Mode" under that directory. But I was playing with this problem myself this morning and what I did was

HKCU/software/microsoft/bluetooth/sys:
DisableAutoSuspend:
Changed from 1 to 0.
I know theoretically this should enable Auto Suspend. What happened to me is my headset went into it's power saving mode and it disconnected from the Mogul. All I did was hit the connect button on my headset and it connected right back up with the Mogul. I'm going to see how my regedit works and if it isn't satisfactory I'm going to try yours. But I think between the two we got we're getting somewhere.
It's strange.On my Mogul,I don't see HKCU/software/microsoft/bluetooth/sys: you mentioned,but i do have the "Scan Mode" which by default it set to 5.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:42 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny486 View Post
Yea, didn't help.

This is the latest from Sprint:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Sprint.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention we are currently investigating this issue as it is a widespread known issue. I do apologize for the delay and I will keep you informed as soon as a successful resolution is reached.

Thank you again for contacting Sprint. We appreciate your business.

I just sent them this message:

URGENT...

I recently followed Sprint's recommendation and upgraded my Mogul to the new ROM. It is now basically unusable. It frequently freezes and Bluetooth audio will not stay connected.

What should I do? Should I return my phone to the store for replacement since your recommended upgrade has rendered it unusable?

Thanks.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:07 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D5 View Post
Bluetooth is the most important part of my PPC phone if that doesn't work correctly we have problems. This in mind the new AKU is virtually unusable from a bluetooth stand point so curious to find out what the difference was I flashed back to the old AKU this morning and recorded all the registry settings I could find. Than I flashed back to the new AKU the only setting that I could find different is the scan mode, I changed that and have had my Motorola H9 connected for over an hour now with no problems in or out of the portable charger. Here is what I changed:

HKCU/software/Microsoft/Bluetooth/Settings:
Scan Mode from 0-5

Check it out and let me know if this is working for others/devices

Edit:
Add some screen shots using MemMaid reg editor

Added Screen shots, also this is in HKCU not HKLM in the registry.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PRE & Touch PRO2, but now Evo

dutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mine was also set to 5 to begin with...
Old 10-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker

SINNN is a n00b
WOW, mines does the same think. BT is useless. They really messed this thing up with the rom update.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Josedogg54 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Josedogg54
Mine was set to zero, What does that mean?
Old 10-27-2007, 03:34 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchman71 View Post
Mine was also set to 5 to begin with...
Any chance you might have changed this during some other testing you were doing because after a fresh flash mine was set to "0". I will keep monitoring this but as of now I have re-added all my programs and settings and my H9 is still connected, bluetooth hasn't shut off. I will check back later today and update as to any changes
Old 10-27-2007, 03:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kmy477 View Post
It's strange.On my Mogul,I don't see HKCU/software/microsoft/bluetooth/sys: you mentioned,but i do have the "Scan Mode" which by default it set to 5.
Sorry it was in HKLM/software/microsoft/bluetooth/sys

So far One hour my phone has been connecting and disconnecting with my bluetooth devices as it should.

The reason I didn't see the Scan Mode was cuz I was looking in HKLM and not HKCU

Btw I just checked and my Scan mode in HKCU/software/microsoft/bluetooth/settings is set to 7. I never changed it.

I'm actually going to try setting it to 0 as I found that this is what 0 means "Determines the default scan mode for the Bluetooth adapter. The default value is 0x3 and ensures inquiry mode and page scan mode are enabled."

from here http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms884944.aspx

Oh btw when I changed my setting in HKLM/software/microsoft/bluetooth/sys/DisableAutoSuspend to 0 from 1 it has solved the D pad problem completely. I'll continue to monitor my system the way it is set now, but I think this may fix the bluetooth problem and the dpad problem making this rom good again.

Last edited by Donatom3; 10-27-2007 at 03:58 PM.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Angry

My "Scan Mode"was set to 5 by default,I changed to 0,but it changed back to 5 by itself.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul, HTC TOUCH PRO

akore is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by diomark View Post
HELP - my bluetooth keeps shutting off with the new oct 22nd rom.. is anyone else seeing this?

It stays up for ~1-2 minutes then turns off!
-mark
Same been to store and they do not have a solution. Why because the head tech did not even know the ROM was out. He wanted to give another phone with the old ROM which I could not reason out because no heard with that one anyway so it was a was at least when this one was up they can hear me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan