PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2007, 07:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Delux Windoz9 6800+
Carrier: SARS, Avian Flu, Scabies

canospinach is keeping up the good workcanospinach is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to canospinach
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcd View Post
they were. they have been moved to the OS part. im assuming, audiopara has too.
My apologies....

You are absolutely correct and it is in the Windows directory. I forgot that one.

/windows/AudioPara.csv

Anything else i might have missed?
Old 10-25-2007, 07:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
so what about sprint music store and sprint software store? are thay in the rom then.

i thought that the rom was htc/ms stuff and the extended rom part was the carrier part?

if the carrier can put it's stuff in the rom... why the need for the extended rom?

just rying to learn.

thanks, cody
Old 10-25-2007, 07:44 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Newer devices don't have the extrom portion at all, i think the Titan is the last one. Once we figure out some more about it we might have a way to disable it on this device as well. they are just putting the customizations in the rom itself now in general.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache>Mogul>Touch>Blackberry>Diamond>Touch Pro

MannyPR is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by specv View Post
groove mobile is related to the groove office product. a google search can further explain
Actually Groove Mobile is related to the music store. http://groovemobile.com/
Old 10-25-2007, 12:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Ph33zy is becoming a great contributor
does anyone know how to get the sprint customizations (5 bar for signal, roaming, sprint only, automatic phone options, etc) into the Alltel WM5 ROM? Which cabs from the EXT ROM should I install?
Old 10-25-2007, 05:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
One thing I found with the new ROMs extROM is that in order to get the signla bar with more bars you have to let the extROM install....then hard reset. Otherwise you'll only have the stock 5 bar indicator. This led me to the conclusion that just to be safe...do it. Who knows what else they are sneaking in there. A couple of users reported some strange issues until they let the extROM install for the first time.

Of couse this is just theory....I haven't tested it in depth or anything. Just food for thought.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:00 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Threadstarter

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
I do not agree with that theory at all. You should always hard reset after an install, but letting extrom contents run then doing the hard reset does not gain anything for you. Extrom contents make updates that go to storage mem, then hard reset would wipe them all out again. Just hard reset after upgrade (to be sure) then soft reset before customizations. This is how i've always done it and i always had "more bars" on my sprint roms.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Ph33zy is becoming a great contributor
But i want to get the sprint customizations into an Alltel Windows Mobile 5 ROM. Anything in the EXTROM of the official sprint ROMs that will do this for me?

EDIT: okay... i installed cert_spcs, cert_spcs.sa, and customize_spcs from the 6700 WM5 ext rom and was able to get the roaming options, and all ## codes (even ##data#) back into the Alltel WM5 ROM.

Now just need to figure out how to get the 5 bars...

Last edited by Ph33zy; 10-26-2007 at 11:02 AM.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: axim, PPC-6700, Mogul, Touch, touch pro

j10376 is becoming a great contributor
extrom file

what about chgscutattri.exe

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan