PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2009, 09:34 AM
N00b

Ryche316 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can Not Connect to Windows Update

I currently have the HTC Tilt with AT&T. Everytime I try to perform a Windows update I get the following:Connection to the update server is not avialiable. Check your data connection settings and ensure the device date and time are correct. Code:80072ee7. I do not have issues connecting to the internet or sending txt or mms. I found some articles out there but none with an answer. Does anyone have an idea ? Thanks.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iphone
Carrier: AT&T

drift365 is keeping up the good workdrift365 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to drift365
Re: Can Not Connect to Windows Update

try contacting microsoft. it might be a problem with active sync?

-Matt
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:13 AM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryche316 View Post
I currently have the HTC Tilt with AT&T. Everytime I try to perform a Windows update I get the following:Connection to the update server is not avialiable. Check your data connection settings and ensure the device date and time are correct. Code:80072ee7. I do not have issues connecting to the internet or sending txt or mms. I found some articles out there but none with an answer. Does anyone have an idea ? Thanks.

Why are you using windows update? They haven't used ota updates to my knowledge ever.

dwizzy130

Old 01-15-2010, 05:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

MKLight is a n00b

I'm having the exact same problem. So, we should ignore using Windows Update?

Thanks,
MK

EDIT: It looks like it's been a problem for 6+ months (social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/windowsmobile/thread/0dafff99-b5bf-4cf3-bbf2-88da0bb0fc2a)

Last edited by MKLight; 01-15-2010 at 05:46 PM. Reason: added MS info/link
Old 01-15-2010, 05:47 PM
iPhone Killer

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKLight View Post
I'm having the exact same problem. So, we should ignore using Windows Update?

Thanks,
MK
Since WM6, Microsoft/Phone carriers have never used Windows update. Just ignore it.

dwizzy130
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

MKLight is a n00b

Thanks dwizzy!
Old 01-15-2010, 07:28 PM
iPhone Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKLight View Post
Thanks dwizzy!
No problem.
I think the only reason it would ever get used is if Microsoft (or someone else) found a huge security flaw in WM, they could then push an update to everyone OTA.

dwizzy130
Old 02-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Kaiser x 2, Titan x 2, Motorola mPX200, Hp Ipaq
Carrier: Einstein PCS

Teej53214 is a n00b

One woudl think they woudl ahve removed that option in the devices seeing as it never worked...
Old 02-06-2010, 09:23 PM
iPhone Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teej53214 View Post
One woudl think they woudl ahve removed that option in the devices seeing as it never worked...
It's always worked.... They've just never had the need to use it.

dwizzy130

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser