PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 11:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jasjarman is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Imagio To Droid

For those that care to read. I had the imagio and LOVED it. But the on screen keyboards I found for them where not good enough to type on for ME. So I got the droid this morning and I so far it is AWESOME in many ways! The screen is great and the SPEED OMG its fast!

If any of you are thinking of going to the droid you will NOT regret it. I know I have only used it for a little while but Im a gadget freak so I can detect a great device in no time.

Anyone else got the droid?
Old 11-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work
Re: Imagio To Droid

Let us know after you have had it for a week or two. Everything seems "OMG COOL" the first day. I'm not a Android hater, just saying, couple hours isn't a real test.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

fluidj is becoming a great contributor

yeah let us know how well tethering works on it too.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

makryger is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidj View Post
yeah let us know how well tethering works on it too.
I don't know about third party options, but apparently verizon tethering costs $30 extra a month on the Droid! Ouch.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2

rp4643 is just getting started

Be sure to not only tell us everything thats great about Mr.Roid but also everything that sucks..Example: We all know the Imagio eats memory....
Old 11-06-2009, 12:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff

I've heard nothing but bad things about the Droid keyboard. Key spacing sucks, it has a low quality feel etc. Other than it being pretty fast (A 1GHz CPU will make any phone fast right now), I haven't heard anything solid that makes this a must have IMO.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Lurker

loudog3114 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwaits View Post
I've heard nothing but bad things about the Droid keyboard. Key spacing sucks, it has a low quality feel etc. Other than it being pretty fast (A 1GHz CPU will make any phone fast right now), I haven't heard anything solid that makes this a must have IMO.
The imagio virtual keyboard isnt terrible... but it still doesnt compare to having a real keyboard, or even the iphones virtual keyboard. I am willing to be the virtual keyboard on the droid is probably quite a bit better as well.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff

Except you forget that there are other keyboard options available for WM. And frankly I wouldn't say ALL hardware keyboards are better than soft ones, personally that is a preference, and while yes probably more people would say they like a hardware keyboard more, I would say once you get over the learning curve of a decent/good soft keyboard, they are quite fast as well. However a phone with a weak hardware keyboard cannot be replaced or changed out so you are stuck with it. If it's a higher priority item on your list for a phone then wouldn't you want one with a decent one built-in?
Old 11-06-2009, 04:18 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

jasjarman is just getting started

Well, to ME the keyboard is just fine, sure not great but not bad either. I will be use to it after I sit and practice a bit on it tonight. The on screen keyboard on portrait and landscape are TONS better than the imagio trust me. And the reception is way better than the imagio. Browsing is FAST and SMOOTH. Music comes out great from pandora to cassett adaptor to radio. From the boss headset I have sounds about even compared to the imagio. Video movies like GI Joe looks awesome, but on the imagio it looks great too!

Call quality is right up there with the imagio which i'm VERY happy its good because I love the quality of the imagio. Battery life as of right now is the same when I had my first day with imagio. I have to let the battery discharge and charge to full to see how well it starts to get.

Sound from the speaker for both calls and mp3/movies is great. Volume wise from the ear speaker is lower than the imagio but very good. I just think that the ear speaker from the imagio rocks! But droid is perfectly fine.

The d-pad is, how should I say, I LOVE IT! Makes it easy to schroll down viewing web pages and other menus. I hated the adroid OS but now with THIS phone, and THIS phone only I am starting to like it very very much.

Will report after a few days more of testing. And trust me, I put phones to the test! Btw, wifi has very goos reception like the imagio, have yet to try BT stereo. And the gps maps is a very nice icing on the cake!
Old 11-06-2009, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

briannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Talking Re: Imagio To Droid

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudog3114 View Post
The imagio virtual keyboard isnt terrible... but it still doesnt compare to having a real keyboard, or even the iphones virtual keyboard. I am willing to be the virtual keyboard on the droid is probably quite a bit better as well.
Sorry, everyone posting about the imagio keyboard im nto sure what youre getting at in terms of the small size etc.. if you did some simple searches you'd find theres SOO MANY keyboard layouts that you can download to the imagio being a WM device and pick your pref.. i use fingerkeyboard 2.1 with landscape bigkey mode it works great and theres more that you can download or buy to make ur keyboard better.. stop complaining about something thats an easy fix

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio