PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 04:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Toysrme is keeping up the good workToysrme is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Re: Post pictures taken with your Imagio good or bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandroland View Post
Also remember that all these are phones that do pictures, they aren't cameras. Eventually the two devices will converge (for point and shoot) and we'll have it all. We just need to wait until that happens and for now be happy they they are a good solution for non-print photos and for being able to get a photo of some quality at all times.
im not taking that the wrong way so dont take this the wrong way when i say:
ive got:
a 1983 Nikon 35mm FA
a medium format full body wedding camera, couple of Metz flashes
and entire film lab in the next room (this is my studio)
few pocket 35mms
few digicams
and a nikon S90 DSLR

they're never goig to make a useable camera in a real phone. its impossible. light will only bend so far and you're never going to see a phone with minimum hundred dollar sensor and a thousand dollar lens hanging off the side of it.
when i tell you this thing blows... it's relative to other cellphones. i honestly believ e& stand by this is a craptastic 5mp sensor just thrown on the phone to fill a spec sheet. it is absolutely horrible. there are medium quality 3mp cellphones that will walk this one and plenty of higher end 3mp sensor phones nearing/past 2 years old that can trounce it.
focus is iffy, colors/contrast/brightness frankly require photoshoping, no way to change any of the settings in a timely fashion, horrendous noise outside of a relatively small iso zone (and even in its sweetspot of hella bright, its pretty noisey), terrible speed taking pictures, AFA the video spec sheet, frankly i doubt neither a major phone subsystem nor the sensor itself is fast enough to do well.

looooooooove the phone.... but anything having anything to do with the camera is some $1 chinese clone done to fill a spec sheet. saying it again. just "being better than the iphone's" camera is like trying to be better than a cell camera from several years ago. (cause there are more accurate camera setups on cellphones 3-4 years old at lower resolutions that are better than that hog!)
Old 11-22-2009, 12:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Post pictures taken with your Imagio good or bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toysrme View Post
im not taking that the wrong way so dont take this the wrong way when i say:
ive got:
a 1983 Nikon 35mm FA
a medium format full body wedding camera, couple of Metz flashes
and entire film lab in the next room (this is my studio)
few pocket 35mms
few digicams
and a nikon S90 DSLR

they're never goig to make a useable camera in a real phone. its impossible. light will only bend so far and you're never going to see a phone with minimum hundred dollar sensor and a thousand dollar lens hanging off the side of it.
when i tell you this thing blows... it's relative to other cellphones. i honestly believ e& stand by this is a craptastic 5mp sensor just thrown on the phone to fill a spec sheet. it is absolutely horrible. there are medium quality 3mp cellphones that will walk this one and plenty of higher end 3mp sensor phones nearing/past 2 years old that can trounce it.
focus is iffy, colors/contrast/brightness frankly require photoshoping, no way to change any of the settings in a timely fashion, horrendous noise outside of a relatively small iso zone (and even in its sweetspot of hella bright, its pretty noisey), terrible speed taking pictures, AFA the video spec sheet, frankly i doubt neither a major phone subsystem nor the sensor itself is fast enough to do well.

looooooooove the phone.... but anything having anything to do with the camera is some $1 chinese clone done to fill a spec sheet. saying it again. just "being better than the iphone's" camera is like trying to be better than a cell camera from several years ago. (cause there are more accurate camera setups on cellphones 3-4 years old at lower resolutions that are better than that hog!)
Well it is a matter of perspective I guess.

For me it serves its purpose to get decent shots when I don't feel like using a real camera which is all it is supposed to do. I (like many I would assume) did not buy this phone for the 5 MP camera but just saw this as a bonus, as it turns out you are right it is not much of a bonus but is far better that what I came from on my older HTC phone which is all I cared about. Personally if I want a truely good photo I take out my point and shoot or DSLR which it sounds like what you would do as well with your equipment list.

I wasn't clear on my other point. I know the phone and camera will never truly converge because of the lenses and sensors amongst other reasons. I was just referring to the fact today's tech will be cheap enough tomorrow to put into phones so you will be able to get solid photos for small print without needing a camera.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio