PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Add City to Weather Tab - Fully Functioning Work-Around 1-File Edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jborbj View Post
OK, I've tried a ton of different ways to change both the home screen weather and weather tab city, and none really worked too well. I tried Conflipper's version, but I didn't like the fact that it changed it to his server, so I got rid of that.

Now on to my fix. I used Total Commander and went to HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila and opened Weather.CityList and changed the city text that was in there from NAM|US|CA|HUNTINGTON BEACH to my actual city NAM|US|CA|SEAL BEACH.

Here's the strange part. I saved and exited, but when I went to the weather tab, it seemed to restart and loaded all the default cities that are populated on a hard-reset.

So I went to remove location, and deleted all 5 I could (Tapei, London, etc.) and when I hit save, the city I entered into the Weather.CityList populated and was working perfectly, even after soft-reset.

Hopefully this will help someone else, I'm not sure if it will, but just what seemed to work for me. Good Luck!
I tried what you posted and got my city , but , tried to update and it will not update. You press update and nothing happens.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:12 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

jb did that work with 2.5 or are you running 2.0
Old 02-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Almost a VIP

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I am running sense 2.1 on the new rom , fast and hardly any memory leek.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:29 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

and you were able to add your city w/o connflippers cab?
Old 02-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Almost a VIP

Yes , using the reg edit he started the thread with. It worked just like he said it would , but once you get the city on my location it won't update.
You can push the update button and nothing happens.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio