PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 08:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Ozone,Diam,Imagio,TPro2,Opt-S,EVO,3VO,E4GT
Carrier: Boost (CDMA)

m4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Unlocked the SIM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemmy View Post
1. VZW data plan options are either $45 or $30

2. Data plans are required for smartphones

3. How is it "too much" if having a data plan is required by the carrier?
1. I called Verizon and that's the prices they gave me, call and complain to them.
2. I don't have Verizon, like I said, I have metroPCS = $35/month for unlimited nat'l voice/text/web.
3. Compare $35 to whatever cheapest Verizon plan is, you do the math. (BTW, I had Verizon and love their service, I just don't have the $ to stay in Verizon.)
Old 11-14-2009, 09:03 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4f1050 View Post
1. I called Verizon and that's the prices they gave me, call and complain to them.
2. I don't have Verizon, like I said, I have metroPCS = $35/month for unlimited nat'l voice/text/web.
3. Compare $35 to whatever cheapest Verizon plan is, you do the math. (BTW, I had Verizon and love their service, I just don't have the $ to stay in Verizon.)
i feel u cuz verizon been busting my pocket for like 5 years!!

Old 11-14-2009, 09:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

m4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
i feel u cuz verizon been busting my pocket for like 5 years!!
People, don't get me wrong, to this day I still think Verizon *IS* the best carrier, just not in my pocket's reach.

I had Verizon for 9 years. Got laid off and had to switch to metroPCS and now paying $35/month (plus tax) for Unlimited everything, only bad thing is that it's 1x and not EvDO which is ok to just check emails or simple web browsing. I have Youtube working on the Imagio, had to reinstall it to get it working on metroPCS. Now only thing I want is SHOUTcast player that is compatible with metroPCS (I need a player that has SOCKS so I can use it on metroPCS)
Old 11-14-2009, 10:02 PM

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
(I need a player that has SOCKS so I can use it on metroPCS)
doesnt opera support SOCKS?
Old 11-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
doesnt opera support SOCKS?
Opera works fine in metroPCS flashed Imagio, it's the Player to play the stream (inside the .pls file that SHOUTcast sends)

I was using PocketMusic on my Verizon i760 before I switched to metroPCS and then it stopped working. They don't support SOCKS and if they do they are not letting you pick the url & port which has to be wap.metropcs.net:3128
Old 11-14-2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Opera works fine in metroPCS flashed Imagio, it's the Player to play the stream (inside the .pls file that SHOUTcast sends)

I was using PocketMusic on my Verizon i760 before I switched to metroPCS and then it stopped working. They don't support SOCKS and if they do they are not letting you pick the url & port which has to be wap.metropcs.net:3128
my bad it pocketmusic that u said doesnt support SOCKS my bad!!
Old 11-14-2009, 10:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
my bad it pocketmusic that u said doesnt support SOCKS my bad!!
Yeah

I was going to try Mundu but it doesn't work on WVGA.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Yeah

I was going to try Mundu but it doesn't work on WVGA.
there is a app on here or xda that allows u to change the tp2 screen resolustion so u can run older programs with no problem!!

for the people who read this thread and are like wtf is "SOCKS" this is for u!!
SOCKS is an Internet protocol that facilitates the routing of network packets between client-server applications via a proxy server. Port 1080 is the well-known port designated for the SOCKS server

Last edited by Adrianh85; 11-14-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
there is a app on here or xda that allows u to change the tp2 screen resolustion so u can run older programs with no problem!!

for the people who read this thread and are like wtf is SOCKS this is for u!!
SOCKS is an Internet protocol that facilitates the routing of network packets between client-server applications via a proxy server.
LOL! I just finished downloading it! WVGAFIX3

Trying mundu tonight, but right now Im on my way to my buddy's house to see the fight!
Old 11-14-2009, 10:39 PM

hopefully it works for u!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio