PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2009, 06:24 PM
.:DoWorkSon:.
Pocket PC: .:OD:.Incredible:.DroidX:.iPhone4:.ThunderBolt:.
Carrier: Verizon

GrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to GrandMasterB
Re: Is the Imagio like a mirrored Touch Pro 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilgoreBA View Post
Thanks for all the input guys. I'm pretty jealous about the FM Radio. I wonder why Verizon decided to not gimp this feature on the Imagio like they did the TP2? Perhaps because the Imagio is more of an entertainment device and the TP2 is more of a business device with the Straight Talk Speakerphone and QWERTY keyboard.
I think that is precisely why they did.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

KilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to KilgoreBA

Yeah, I'm sure that's why too.
Radio 2.23.00WV
Old 10-18-2009, 10:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

but really the 2 main differences with the tf3d is that the weather tab can search for weather by gps on the weather tab and the home screen has the weather in the clock. i've played around with both extensively and the differences are very minor.

winmo 6.5 to me isnt a big deal of a change either jjust has a different screen lock, different icon designs nothing major of a change

now when winmo 7 comes out that will probably be the definative upgrade. But as far as imagio and the tp2 the differences are minor. I couldnt deal with the imagio because it doesnt have a physical keyboard but thats just my preferences. You could jus buy the imagio and u got 30 days to test it out if u dont like it get the tp2 instead. Besides winmo 6.5 is suppose to be available for the tp2 sometime this month they gave it a release date of Oct - November time frame. And this update is suppose to give the tp2 the exact same tf3d that the imagio has with the weather on the home screen inside the clock and everything

but imo the tp2 has better battery life and the keyboard which is why i'd recommend it over the imagio. My gf's imagio has memory issues sometimes so when she opens opera and closes it (minimizes it) and tries to go back to it , the program fully closed out because shes out of memory, i think the mobile tv and vcast videos hogs up alot of the memory. The tp2 and imagio have nearly the same processor and ram (im 90% sure their specs are the same) but the imagio has the mobile tv and vcast videos hoggin up more space.

just my 2 cents tho from using both devices...
Old 10-19-2009, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

Isror is becoming a great contributor

None of the stores in my area (Tucson AZ) have the Imagio or TP2 on display to work with. Verizon is perpetually out of stock on the TP2 and when they did have it, they wouldn't sell it to me yet because I wasn't converted from Alltel to Verizon yet. Verizon has the 30 day policy buy they tell me I have to pay the restock fee (which is false adverting, that isn't a worry free policy but I won't get into that now). I'm so fed up with Verizon, it was why I left them in first place.

I keep reading more and more negative personal reviews of the Imagio which is really turning me off of the phone, and I have to keep waiting for the TP2. Maybe I'll just wait till the Droid is released (when ever that will be...)
Old 10-19-2009, 04:23 PM
.:DoWorkSon:.
Pocket PC: .:OD:.Incredible:.DroidX:.iPhone4:.ThunderBolt:.

GrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to GrandMasterB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isror View Post
None of the stores in my area (Tucson AZ) have the Imagio or TP2 on display to work with. Verizon is perpetually out of stock on the TP2 and when they did have it, they wouldn't sell it to me yet because I wasn't converted from Alltel to Verizon yet. Verizon has the 30 day policy buy they tell me I have to pay the restock fee (which is false adverting, that isn't a worry free policy but I won't get into that now). I'm so fed up with Verizon, it was why I left them in first place.

I keep reading more and more negative personal reviews of the Imagio which is really turning me off of the phone, and I have to keep waiting for the TP2. Maybe I'll just wait till the Droid is released (when ever that will be...)
I read the Droid is slated for a November 6th release , but its quite ugly in my opinion to each his own.

To avoid the restocking fee just flat out return ( not exchange )the device and then buy something else.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

Isror is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMasterB View Post
I read the Droid is slated for a November 6th release , but its quite ugly in my opinion to each his own.

To avoid the restocking fee just flat out return ( not exchange )the device and then buy something else.
But does that have to be done within a retail store or will that work for online as well?
Old 10-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Actually the Imagio is a CDMA HTC HD 2.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:01 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post

I hope you are joking. Not even close.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 10-19-2009, 09:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

KilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to KilgoreBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
I think jbh00jh meant one of two things:

The Imagio is Verizon's version of the CDMA HTC HD 2 as Big Red probably won't have the actual HD 2 (Leo) on their network since this phone was released.

OR

The Imagio is the second HTC HD released.

But yeah, the Imagio is in no way the HTC HD 2 (Leo). lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio