PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 10:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

fraggy4 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Charging issues

I've tried posting this over on xda, but no one there seems to have the same problem. For some reason every mini usb home charger I have gives the not supported charger error when I plug it in. This is including the chrager I was supplied with, and my charger from my old Vogue. I know neither of the chragers are defective because I tested them today on my Vogue and they charged it fine. If I plug it directly into the computer with a usb cable, it will charge fine. If anyone knows how to fix this, PLEASE let me know, I can't carry my laptop around with me everywhere I go to charge my phone.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZ Imagio, vx6900

arl16 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Charging issues

Hmmm... I have the opposite problem. Mine charges fine with the wall charger, (although it gives me the "this is not a compatible charger" warning once it gets to 100% charged.

But it doesn't charge at all when plugged into my laptop w/ the USB cable. The cable works - Activesync starts up and I can access my phone, just no charging going on. In fact, when I had it plugged in and had little battery power left (<5%), it eventually turned itself off while it was plugged in. Any ideas?
Old 11-02-2009, 03:02 PM
teh
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

teh is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by arl16 View Post
Hmmm... I have the opposite problem. Mine charges fine with the wall charger, (although it gives me the "this is not a compatible charger" warning once it gets to 100% charged.

But it doesn't charge at all when plugged into my laptop w/ the USB cable. The cable works - Activesync starts up and I can access my phone, just no charging going on. In fact, when I had it plugged in and had little battery power left (<5%), it eventually turned itself off while it was plugged in. Any ideas?
Double check this power setting checkbox: bottom slider to "settings"> "all settings" (lower left screen)> system (folder icon)> power icon> "When device is turned on, do not charge the battery when connected to the PC".

If it's checked, uncheck it. Beyond that, don't know what to say about the "incompatible charger" warnings you or the first poster are getting, I've thankfully not gotten them.

Please hit if I've helped you attain enlightenment, grasshopper.

Last edited by teh; 12-28-2009 at 05:44 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZ Imagio, vx6900

arl16 is becoming a great contributor

That fixed my issue - thanks! I have no idea how that got checked (default), or why that's even an option. (Why wouldn't you want it to charge?!) Anyway, thanks!
Old 11-02-2009, 03:33 PM
teh
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

teh is just getting started

No problem. It's an unexpected setting I just happened to come across while exploring the phone. I'm guessing it's there so that you can run down the battery for conditioning, rather than constantly topping the battery off.

Last edited by teh; 12-28-2009 at 05:45 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio