PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 10:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jeff_roey is keeping up the good workjeff_roey is keeping up the good workjeff_roey is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Text Message In Status But Nothing There!

New to smart phones and the forums. Dealing with an annoying issue with my Imagio. My TF Home Screen Massage tab always shows a bubble indicating one new text message, even with my text (and email) folders completely empty.

If I navigate to my text inbox, chose 'show' to view all of my text and email folders, and empty all of thei contents, my SMS/MMS inbox still appears bold with (1) after it indicating there's a message in there. Problem is it's empty.

My lock screen reports properly. Anyone know of a setting or reg entry that drives this? Is there a setting that could be tweaked to fix the problem?
Old 10-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

guru232 is becoming a great contributor
Re: New Text Message In Status But Nothing There!

I'm having the same phantom text message issue. I've got a Verizon network engineer looking into it, but who knows if that will lead anywhere.

I've deleted ALL my txt messages and it still thinks that there is one new one in the inbox.

Any ideas?
Old 10-13-2009, 12:57 PM
Lovin some Droid!!!!
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: VZW

Reef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Reef48

Hard reset will fix this. I had it happen and tryed reg edits which will fix it for a second. Tried the SMS count fix cab and it did not work. So I recomend to backup and Hard reset. It is a Manila XML issue. I am suprised that a VZW engineer would be looking into this....
The reg is HKCU\System\State\Messages\sms\Uread\Count= 0
Then delete (Text SMS/MMS)

Last edited by Reef48; 10-13-2009 at 01:13 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jeff_roey is keeping up the good workjeff_roey is keeping up the good workjeff_roey is keeping up the good work

Thanks guru & reef. I came to the same conclusion and took the hard reset road. It did solve my problem but only until I got my next threaded message.

Last edited by jeff_roey; 10-13-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Red face Re: New Text Message In Status But Nothing There!

Ok. I think I solved this problem . . . at least for me. After hard resetting and having the SMS unread count error show back up after receiving the next threaded message, I stumbled across this:

http://freewareppc.com/communication...eadcount.shtml

It contains an executable that has to be run from the device. Take a moment and read through the comments, download, transfer, run the executable, and restart. I didn't have to disable TF and/or start my messaging system from my Today Screen. The read count was fixed after I restarted and it seems to be working.

The only bi-product I noticed is running the executable seemed to have re-enabled my Verizon message sent notification. I just re-ran the Disable Verizon SMS Message Sent.cab and problem solved . . . at least for now. I'll keep you posted.

The Disable Verizon SMS Message Sent.cab I used could be found here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=561443
This post has been thanked 11 times.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:26 AM
Lurker

guru232 is becoming a great contributor

Thanks Jeff! The executable worked for me as well, although I had to grab it from here:

http://journal.drfaulken.com/fixunre...ation-big-fix/

I ran the .exe, restarted, clicked into the txt messages, and it's fixed. I have sent received several txt messages since then and it's still on a correct count. Thanks for finding and posting this!
This post has been thanked 12 times.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

slumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

this worked, thanks.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc imagio
Carrier: verizon

tangoguy361 is a n00b

I'm happy to say your solution solved this problem on my Imagio. I installed the .exe from http://journal.drfaulken.com/fixunre...ation-big-fix/, ran it once, performed a soft reset, still observed the bug, ran the .exe again, and it was fixed. Fairly painless and no more annoying false notification. Thanks Jeff and Guru!

Last edited by tangoguy361; 10-27-2009 at 12:38 AM. Reason: to give proper credit to authors of solution in this thread
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

fluidj is becoming a great contributor

If I recall correctly, the cloud icon isn't only a text message indicator, it's also an event/alert indicator. Touch the icon and then you'll be on the Notifications screen. Dismiss All and that should have cleared it.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:19 PM
Lurker

SuperDave369 is just getting started

This horribly annoying issue plagued me on my XV6800 for months and again on my Imagio this afternoon. I wish I had known about this fix earlier, I might be slightly less insane. This worked like a charm on my Imagio, I'll be running it on my XV6800 shortly.

Thanks to all for sharing the wealth of information here, many of us truly appreciate it!

Dave
XV6500, XV6600, XV6700, XV6800 and now Imagio, what a difference seven years makes!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio