PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2010, 10:14 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: outta here... WP7 eliminates the need for tekkie forums :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadesse View Post
Personally it is way too early to jump ship for Window Phone 7. Come on we all know anything that MS develops has major flaws at launch. They can't learn from their mistakes.
completely agree about waiting and 9days isnt enough time to see issues that may be there. i had a surround for 2days and that was enough for me but if i only had a tp2 i may have kept it cause it was little better than tp2.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

gcianc is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
completely agree about waiting and 9days isnt enough time to see issues that may be there. i had a surround for 2days and that was enough for me but if i only had a tp2 i may have kept it cause it was little better than tp2.
you sound like you're trying to convince yourself.

NINE MINUTES with WM is a *&@#$(&*! annoyance and test in frustration.

same for any device running android to be honest
#1 smartphone annoyance: wasting 40% of home screen on a clock.
FINALLY! - with Windows Phone 7 Series... we are taking accountability for the entire experience. That means you will not see layers, like HTC Sense or TouchFLO built on top of the UI by OEMs or MOs (mobile operators). - Aaron Woodman, Microsoft Director of Consumer Experiences
Old 11-18-2010, 04:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim X51v, Tilt, 8525 VX6900, Imagio
Carrier: AT&T & Verizon

jadesse is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcianc View Post
you sound like you're trying to convince yourself.

NINE MINUTES with WM is a *&@#$(&*! annoyance and test in frustration.

same for any device running android to be honest
Hey I am happy that you are happy with your new phone. However if you think that you are going to be done with tech forums then you better think again. I owe a debit gratitude of thanks to the developers for unlocking & making our device better MS & HTC could ever conceive. There are some glaring issue that I can't get past Windows Phone 7.

1. Most of the application that I use now I can't use. New apps have to be developed specifically for Windows Phone 7.

2. In order to sync outlook you have to go through an exchange server. Sure there are way to get around this but it should be built into the core OS. We are not talking about syncing Outlook with Android, RIM, Symbion, or I-phone.

3. There have been reports with the Alram Bug that can lock up your device.
The Windows Phone Alarm Bug

Not to mention that there is no multitasking, or copy/cut/paste which are currently missing.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Hi, there are issues with any software... mobile or pc. This is a realistic expectation i have and anyone sensible would have.

Not sure what your sync outlook complaint is but I use live and custom domains hosted on live... sharepoint/outlook2010 hosted services are under $10 a month for those needing that. Not glaring.

I don't want to use any of the crummy WM apps.

Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadesse View Post
Hey I am happy that you are happy with your new phone. However if you think that you are going to be done with tech forums then you better think again. I owe a debit gratitude of thanks to the developers for unlocking & making our device better MS & HTC could ever conceive. There are some glaring issue that I can't get past Windows Phone 7.

1. Most of the application that I use now I can't use. New apps have to be developed specifically for Windows Phone 7.

2. In order to sync outlook you have to go through an exchange server. Sure there are way to get around this but it should be built into the core OS. We are not talking about syncing Outlook with Android, RIM, Symbion, or I-phone.

3. There have been reports with the Alram Bug that can lock up your device.
The Windows Phone Alarm Bug

Not to mention that there is no multitasking, or copy/cut/paste which are currently missing.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:10 PM
Lurker

mtglo is just getting started

@gcianc - your review of wp7 pretty much pushed me over the fence to take the plunge. I've had my samsung focus for 2 weeks now....As an avid tekkie geek & rom flashing addict, all this can be sacrificed as i am nothing but impressed by this new OS. It is a fluid and beautiful interface that really takes a smartphone to the next level. Just awesome. Yes, like with just about anything, there is room for improvement..but with flash support coming soon & hackers hard at work, it will only get better. Anyways, just had to voice how much I am enjoying my focus and WP7... Only bad part was having to switch to AT&T, but I have to service so far has been good.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

glad to hear mtglo

i cannot understate "real world" interest in my Samsung Focus & Windows phone in the last two weeks. I'm not talking lame hipster crap but real world people. Anyone who sees just the homepage or an animation you pretty much "have them at hello". This market is ripe and Sprint/Verizon phones will secure it.

Of course what i tell them first is "it's an amazing phone and the first phone I really like using that isn't totally annoying and frustrating".

Last weekend i was having pizza by myself awaiting a co-worker and a middle-age woman (who was talking on her phone non-stop) asked "what phone is that... i saw you using it and I really have to check it out". I told her its the new windows phone samsung focus then on the way out she asked me some more things which shows you the OBVIOUS IMPRESSIVE FIRST IMPRESSION these devices have on REAL PEOPLE.

This weekend another person said "is that a new windows phone" and had great interest. After looking at it for 30 seconds said he needs to put it down as he'll want to upgrade immediately (knowing he can't). He's on Sprint and was considering an Evo but is more a tekkie and has reservations over size, no keyboard & battery, etc. There is no 4G coverage in this area fwiw.

One thing is you can't leave the phone on the table powered on - in a public place - without getting looks and questions and positive reaction. Real world people aren't fanboys.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

JClishe is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcianc View Post
One thing is you can't leave the phone on the table powered on - in a public place - without getting looks and questions and positive reaction. Real world people aren't fanboys.
I posted this is another thread, but this has been my experience as well. I was at an IHOP Sunday morning waiting for a table and using my Focus in the waiting area. The guy sitting next to me asked what phone I was using, and then asked to see it. He only had it in his hands for a few minutes but he said "wow" several times.

This is why I also believe that viral and word of mouth marketing will be more effective for WP7 than formal advertising. As more and more people see these phones in the wild, I believe that will have a significant influence on future purchases.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

nsa_sailor is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnsa_sailor is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnsa_sailor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Instead of boring us, why not post here? http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/general-wi...7-discussions/
Old 11-28-2010, 09:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc imagio, thunderbolt

englishpanther is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to englishpanther

Our cool gadgets are tied to the limits of commercial hardware. That why this forum will never be obsolete.

I began trying to keep up with this forum when I got sick of windows mobile 5.0

The htc apache was a marvel of hardware and my second touchscreen phone.

Since then I have been looking to push the limits of my hardware like every other newbie....

This whole idea of diverse talent engaging and collaberating with diverse talent with insatiable appetite for the holy grail of devices is fueling the fire for this crappy wp7 unit in the first place. Yes I said crappy.....because.....

Like almost everyone else here, I know I really want a pair of contact lenses or glasses with built in projection screens linked to stereo hearing aids but Im willing to settle for the bulky cassette tape sized piece of c*** wp7 device until some starving engineer spends a couple decades slaving with a chemical scientist to develop the technology.....

And when that happens......Im gonna want some better f*****g software...
Oh...btw...who has a program that will feed bogus gps data to my wifes tele with an emergency proximity alarm!!!??!
Old 11-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishpanther View Post
Oh...btw...who has a program that will feed bogus gps data to my wifes tele with an emergency proximity alarm!!!??!
LOL ! Don't go where your wife could catch you!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio