View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 12:50 PM
gcianc
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

gcianc is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: outta here... WP7 eliminates the need for tekkie forums :-)

Hi, there are issues with any software... mobile or pc. This is a realistic expectation i have and anyone sensible would have.

Not sure what your sync outlook complaint is but I use live and custom domains hosted on live... sharepoint/outlook2010 hosted services are under $10 a month for those needing that. Not glaring.

I don't want to use any of the crummy WM apps.

Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadesse View Post
Hey I am happy that you are happy with your new phone. However if you think that you are going to be done with tech forums then you better think again. I owe a debit gratitude of thanks to the developers for unlocking & making our device better MS & HTC could ever conceive. There are some glaring issue that I can't get past Windows Phone 7.

1. Most of the application that I use now I can't use. New apps have to be developed specifically for Windows Phone 7.

2. In order to sync outlook you have to go through an exchange server. Sure there are way to get around this but it should be built into the core OS. We are not talking about syncing Outlook with Android, RIM, Symbion, or I-phone.

3. There have been reports with the Alram Bug that can lock up your device.
The Windows Phone Alarm Bug

Not to mention that there is no multitasking, or copy/cut/paste which are currently missing.
#1 smartphone annoyance: wasting 40% of home screen on a clock.
FINALLY! - with Windows Phone 7 Series... we are taking accountability for the entire experience. That means you will not see layers, like HTC Sense or TouchFLO built on top of the UI by OEMs or MOs (mobile operators). - Aaron Woodman, Microsoft Director of Consumer Experiences