PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc imagio
Carrier: at&t

95sser is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC IMAGIO for AT&T

Hello- I am new here, I am fighting with my Imagio to work with AT&T. The basic functions work fine but I cant get the browser to work via wifi works fine, but not thru network. Thanks in advance!
Old 07-13-2010, 01:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC IMAGIO
Carrier: TIGO Colombia

juandelahoz is just getting started
Re: HTC IMAGIO for AT&T

Hi, wich browser are you using? Did you tried Opera? Are you using a custom ROM or standard Verizon ROM?
This is very rare, when I bought mine I unlocked it and start using internet via WiFi and GPRS in TIGO (carrier from COLOMBIA) and worked fine!
If you don't get it done with OPERA http://www.opera.com/mobile/download/ I think you should try a custom ROM. I recommend ENERGY ROM but you can chose the flavour you want!
Old 07-13-2010, 03:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: AT&T

blubuster is a n00b

I'm using the Imagio for AT&T as well. Have been fighting with it a lot. Internet works fine (no 3G of course), phone works fine, SMS works fine, but can't get MMS to work. I've been digging and digging for settings, but can't quite get either the right settings on the interwebs or not putting it into the phone correctly because of course the closest info I'm finding is for the Touch Pro 2 (figure it is a recent WinMo 6.5, HTC phone, AT&T supported, so that's as close as I can get). I'm using a custom rom - Drellisdee's RC1.5e

Thanks!
Old 07-13-2010, 01:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

95sser is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by juandelahoz View Post
Hi, wich browser are you using? Did you tried Opera? Are you using a custom ROM or standard Verizon ROM?
This is very rare, when I bought mine I unlocked it and start using internet via WiFi and GPRS in TIGO (carrier from COLOMBIA) and worked fine!
If you don't get it done with OPERA http://www.opera.com/mobile/download/ I think you should try a custom ROM. I recommend ENERGY ROM but you can chose the flavour you want!
I dont get any internet thru at&t network only wifi. I am using standard rom I am new to this how do you change rom?
Old 07-13-2010, 01:59 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

95sser is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubuster View Post
I'm using the Imagio for AT&T as well. Have been fighting with it a lot. Internet works fine (no 3G of course), phone works fine, SMS works fine, but can't get MMS to work. I've been digging and digging for settings, but can't quite get either the right settings on the interwebs or not putting it into the phone correctly because of course the closest info I'm finding is for the Touch Pro 2 (figure it is a recent WinMo 6.5, HTC phone, AT&T supported, so that's as close as I can get). I'm using a custom rom - Drellisdee's RC1.5e

Thanks!
It shows I got edge no 3g. how to change rom?
Thanks
Old 07-13-2010, 07:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: AT&T

blubuster is a n00b

I can't get 3G either. That's because the Imagio isn't compatible with AT&Ts 3G connection, only 2G (known as Edge). If you want to flash a custom ROM, you need to unlock the Hard SPL: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112035. Also, Verizon has posted an updated ROM on their website which you can use without unlocking the Hard SPL.

After that, you can flash custom roms that are posted in these forums (at the top of the Imagio forum, click "Imagio Upgrades"). From there, you will find threads with several different custom roms.

You're going to have to do a lot of reading through the threads, do some googling if you don't know what a term means, etc. I'm not an expert and wouldn't really be able to explain it to someone new. I just was able to make enough sense of it for myself to do it with my own phone.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC IMAGIO
Carrier: TIGO Colombia

juandelahoz is just getting started

Ok for make your IMAGIO a real phone with a custom ROM this is what You need to do:
1. Enter to My phone app and back up your contacts, messages and anything else you want.
2. Charge your phone to 100%
3. Enter this link and follow the instructions: http://whitestone.htc-unlocks.com/hard-spl.php AFTER THIS YOU WILL BE ABLE TO UPDATE YOUR PHONE'S ROM!
4. Go to UPGRADES sections (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121) and (This is a personal recomendation, you can choose any ROM you want) enter to:
ENERGY ROM: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113971 This ROM are great, maybe you will feel a little bit astonished with all kind of new information. Google a little! I recomend you to use 23569 Sense 2.5 (http://depositfiles.com/es/folders/5S05PEBIP) With this you will have Windows mobile 6.5.3 and HTC sense 2.5 with a lot of extras!
5. Download the file, extract the whole foder and open a file called "Bootloader" (if my memory is right) and follow the instructions.
6. After that you will see be first time the tricolor screen! When you finish the cellphone will automatically reboot! I recomend you to do a hard reset (Power off you phone, and press red, green an vol down button at same time until tricolor screen appear, Press volup to restore manufacturer default and and send key to confirm! VOALA! You have a new phone now!
7. Please be patient with first boot!
8. Now conect you phone in ActiveSync and restore your contacts with MyPhone
9. Remember, in order to use the internet from AT&T you need to create a new connection. First call AT&T and ask them your internet settings like: Access point name, user name, password, domain. When you get that go to Start/settings/connections/connections choose Add a new modem connection, call it AT&T or something, choose cellular line (GPRS, 3G) option and configure it like AT&T told you! After that choose manage existing connections and select you new connection as default! Now you should have AT&T internet by EDGE no 3G (There's no way to get 3g because frequency incompatibilities)
10. These are other settings I recomend you: If you dont use Internet, FB or twiter tab remove them in order to save some RAM. In Start/Internet/Data controller/menu/configure connections timeouts you can close your connections after X time of inactivity, this will be your best friend with battery life! I have 1 minute. I recommend Opera mini as your default browser for people without 3g (You and me!).

I thinks that's all! Remember to hit thanks!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

95sser is a n00b

I thank you all for the info little bit to much at the first look I will be working on it this weekend and I'll keep you guys post it.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:21 PM
bsloan7148

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

There is no need to input anything for internet settings as the Imagio will have a selection on the connections screen that says "Automatically configure connection". I spent days on the phone with Tmobile and HTC and they kept telling me to go to screens that Imagio was never setup with. Once you have SIM Unlocked and set it to GSM Only and go to the connections screen and select Automatically configure connection it will pull all of the APN settings from AT&T.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio