PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Iusacell Mexico

SolidCarlos is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Imagio wont turn on

Hi everyone. My name is carlos and im new in the forum.
This is my problem. I have an HTC Imagio. I tryied to update it but i fail because my phone wont turn on again. I dont know what can i do because I new in the htc world and I dont know how can I start.
Please heeeeeeelpppppp meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 07-02-2010, 12:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Verizon

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff
Re: Imagio wont turn on

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidCarlos View Post
Hi everyone. My name is carlos and im new in the forum.
This is my problem. I have an HTC Imagio. I tryied to update it but i fail because my phone wont turn on again. I dont know what can i do because I new in the htc world and I dont know how can I start.
Please heeeeeeelpppppp meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
What exactly did you try to update? And when you say it won't come on, does ANYTHING happen when you press and hold the power button? (End Key)
Old 07-02-2010, 03:33 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

SolidCarlos is a n00b

First, thanks for your awnser, I really enjoy when someone respond me when I have a problem . I downloaded a ROM (unfortunally was for the touch diamond 2) and I tried update my cellphone and then this happened, my phone bricks up . The cellphone wont turn on. I was trying to do the hard reset and nothin happen. When I press the end buttom, nothin happen
Old 07-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

did you try holding down the green button, the red button and the volume down button at the same time (a hard reset)?

if the phone does not respond to that - then there might be trouble. I know for sure you are not supposed to flash a rom from a different device to your device.

Sorry. I hope that you get it going.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
First, thanks for your awnser, I really enjoy when someone respond me when I have a problem . I downloaded a ROM (unfortunally was for the touch diamond 2) and I tried update my cellphone and then this happened, my phone bricks up . The cellphone wont turn on. I was trying to do the hard reset and nothin happen. When I press the end buttom, nothin happen
I hate to say it buddy, but I believe you now have a very expensive paper weight. You can't flash a Touch Diamond 2 ROM to an Imagio. Hopefully there is a way to work it out, but I have not heard of anything.

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab
Old 07-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

SolidCarlos is a n00b

Dont sayy thaaaatttt T_T, I think that maybe, thereĀ“s a way to fix this type of problems, Or what can I do???
Old 08-15-2011, 03:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc imagio
Carrier: mtn

muammil is a n00b

Quote:
i face the same problem with u guys. my device wont turn on. someone should please help me rescue it. i know u guys hav i work around on such problem. God bless u for all your support.
Waiting to hear from u.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:24 AM
N00b

dwittmier is just getting started

A bad or defective battery can prevent the phone from turning on. If you have a spare battery, try it (I'm sure you did already). Also plug in the phone and make sure the charge light comes on. If it doesn't, then you aren't charging the battery. I have seen some phones with bad or intermittant charge (usb) ports. If you can't get the light to come on try charging the battery in an external charger. Ebay has lots of them and they are cheap.

It could also be a bad power switch. The Imagio is known for having terrible quality buttons. They frequently quit working. Press the power button very firmly and hold it. Wiggle it around while pressing. That's how my daughter gets her phone to turn on.

Remove the memory card and sim one at a time and try to start the phone. Occasionally one of these goes bad and can prevent the phone from starting. It is rare but worth a try.

If none of those suggestions work, well .... you may have a very nice paperweight.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc imagio
Carrier: mtn

muammil is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwittmier View Post
A bad or defective battery can prevent the phone from turning on. If you have a spare battery, try it (I'm sure you did already). Also plug in the phone and make sure the charge light comes on. If it doesn't, then you aren't charging the battery. I have seen some phones with bad or intermittant charge (usb) ports. If you can't get the light to come on try charging the battery in an external charger. Ebay has lots of them and they are cheap.

It could also be a bad power switch. The Imagio is known for having terrible quality buttons. They frequently quit working. Press the power button very firmly and hold it. Wiggle it around while pressing. That's how my daughter gets her phone to turn on.

Remove the memory card and sim one at a time and try to start the phone. Occasionally one of these goes bad and can prevent the phone from starting. It is rare but worth a try.

If none of those suggestions work, well .... you may have a very nice paperweight.
Thanks for your time to explain things to me. But i have tried all those tricks n noting happen.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imadio Dead!!
Carrier: i dont know

srm-mco1 is a n00b

tuviste alguna respuesta??

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio