PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jeff_roey is keeping up the good workjeff_roey is keeping up the good workjeff_roey is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Turn Off Data Connection When Idle

I'm back on the Stock VZW MR1 ROM. For those of you using it (or other ROMs possibly) and dealing with poor battery performance, I came across this over at XDA, tried it, and noticed a HUGE improvement in my battery life. I've always suspected an open data connection as the root of my issue and this seemed to solve it:

To disconnect network when idle for 1 minute . . .

Set HKLM\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings\CacheTime = 60
Default = 60000 (i.e. 100 minutes)

Delete or rename HKLM\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings\SuspendResume

I actually have my CacheTime set to 30 (works great ) and renamed my SuspendResume to "! SuspendResume !"

Really a noticable improvement, doesn't affect weather update, my 30 minute email sync, or web browsing at all. Also, I've experimented with taking calls with an active data connection and the phone switched over every time - placed calls to myself from the house phone while refreshing web pages, syncing email, and updating weather. Data was suspended and the call was put through every time. BTW: currently have the phone mode set to CDMA only. Head over to XDA and drop wildman some thanks if it works for you. Here's the thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=657507

Last edited by jeff_roey; 05-04-2010 at 11:04 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio, XV6700

teamgs is a n00b
Re: Turn Off Data Connection When Idle

I did that to and it seems to have worked with my Imagio. However, I also performed this tweak with my wife's TP2, and it messed with her ability to answer calls. It would always hang up or freeze when the data connection was active. I saw a post regarding this issue, and editing the suspend resume value. Once I put it back to #777, my wife's phone works fine again...wierd...

Gary
Old 05-05-2010, 10:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_roey View Post
I'm back on the Stock VZW MR1 ROM. For those of you using it (or other ROMs possibly) and dealing with poor battery performance, I came across this over at XDA, tried it, and noticed a HUGE improvement in my battery life. I've always suspected an open data connection as the root of my issue and this seemed to solve it:

To disconnect network when idle for 1 minute . . .

Set HKLM\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings\CacheTime = 60
Default = 60000 (i.e. 100 minutes)

Delete or rename HKLM\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings\SuspendResume

I actually have my CacheTime set to 30 (works great ) and renamed my SuspendResume to "! SuspendResume !"

Really a noticable improvement, doesn't affect weather update, my 30 minute email sync, or web browsing at all. Also, I've experimented with taking calls with an active data connection and the phone switched over every time - placed calls to myself from the house phone while refreshing web pages, syncing email, and updating weather. Data was suspended and the call was put through every time. BTW: currently have the phone mode set to CDMA only. Head over to XDA and drop wildman some thanks if it works for you. Here's the thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=657507
I put a 2 minute cab together a time back for this patch.. Here is cab and I also include cab to restore changes...

Bandswitch does well also but its not a free item..
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

nsa_sailor is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnsa_sailor is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnsa_sailor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Old post, I know but...

I just found this post, because I was suspecting something like this when my phone gets warm even when all the running programs are closed out.

But I have a question on the data icons in the notification bar. When data is not active the signal meter icon displays an antenna and the signal strength. When data is active, it displays opposing arrows above the signal strength. When I changed the registry to these settings, the opposings arrows turn grey after (supposedly) a minute (I haven't timed it, but that is what I have timeout set too) but never revert to the antenna icon. If I open the communications page, even when the arrows are grey, the data connection is still "on". When I turn it off here, then the icon goes back to the antenna.
So the question is, does this actually turn off the data connection? From what I see in the communications page, it doesn't, but maybe it disables it? What is going on?
Old 01-25-2011, 10:25 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

When the data arrows are gray the data connection is inactive/standby and not effecting the battery much of anything. Not worth the trouble in my opinion.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

madmanmarz is a n00b

Plus what if you use the wifi router or are using data for music or something while the phone is in your pocket.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio