PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: IPAQ 211
Carrier: Verizon

mohlin1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Imagio as a stand alone router

Is it possible to use the imagio as a stand alone router so that I can use the EVDO signal to connect my phone through WIFI. I dont want to connect to computer.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff
Re: Imagio as a stand alone router

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohlin1 View Post
Is it possible to use the imagio as a stand alone router so that I can use the EVDO signal to connect my phone through WIFI. I dont want to connect to computer.
Im not getting your question, what do you mean about using EVDO to connect to wifi, why dont you just connect to wifi? Imagio has a wifi card installed or you tring to do something like remote desktop? The Imagio already have that feature as well.
Can you give more information....

Last edited by Wildman; 05-03-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate

djp952 is becoming a great contributor

I know the Drellisdee 2.5 ROM (and probably many of the SenseUI 2.5-based ROMs) has a spiffy built-in feature to allow the Imagio to be a WiFi router that can be connected to by PCs without a cable, if that's what you mean. The stock ROM didn't have that feature, but I'm sure there's some add-on somewhere to do it. It's quite cool, actually
Old 05-04-2010, 09:53 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mohlin1 is a n00b

Sorry about the lack of info. I want to use my evdo connection from my Imagio to a HD2 that I use as a video player and pocket pc like because of the big screen. Since it is a European model and I have Verizon, there is not 3g capability except for Wifi. I would like to turn use the phones evdo signal and connect through the HD2's wifi. I know I can if I am connected to the usb, but I wanted to use the stand alone phone and not use bluetooth.

thanks for your replies.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio, XV6700

teamgs is a n00b

http://www.wmwifirouter.com/

It is cooked into my NRG Rom on my Imagio, but you can get it for a small fee.

Gary
Old 05-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mohlin1 is a n00b

I have a wifi router the instry.exe built intomy rom,but I need a usb connect froma pc. I want to take my phone and pda and use my EVDO on the phone through wifi to connect to my devices. Will WMwifirouter work with only the phone by itself, or do I need to connect to a usb port?
Old 05-06-2010, 09:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: VZW

xero is just getting started

I'd just like to see a version that allows it to be picked up by my PS3, so I can use the web browser download some stuff. I just moved, and I'm too impatient to wait for the internet to be hooked up.

Equipment: Imagio on 6.5. Working on a 6.5.3 build.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Here is a free option. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=4170499
Old 05-07-2010, 03:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio, XV6700

teamgs is a n00b

As I understand it (I haven't yet used wifi router, as I simply use internet sharing via the usb port for my laptop when on the road), wifi router turns your phone into a standalone router, sharing the phone's evdo connection via wireless.

I tried it a few minutes ago, and I can't seem to get it to work for some reason. When I attempt to connect via my old laptop with a linksys nic, it keeps crashing. I think it is a Linksys driver issue, per the crash dump.

However, it does show up as an ad-hoc wireless access point in the PC's list of available networks. You can also use wep encryption.

Gary
Old 06-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgs View Post
As I understand it (I haven't yet used wifi router, as I simply use internet sharing via the usb port for my laptop when on the road), wifi router turns your phone into a standalone router, sharing the phone's evdo connection via wireless.

I tried it a few minutes ago, and I can't seem to get it to work for some reason. When I attempt to connect via my old laptop with a linksys nic, it keeps crashing. I think it is a Linksys driver issue, per the crash dump.

However, it does show up as an ad-hoc wireless access point in the PC's list of available networks. You can also use wep encryption.

Gary
What version of windows do you have on laptop, if Windows XP and if so are you using Service Pack 3? SP3 has know issues at times that acts the way you describe if system was updated to SP3 from SP2 with WEP2 patch installed before Service Pack upgrade...

Last edited by Wildman; 06-01-2010 at 04:09 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio