PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 05:06 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

malexii is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Incredible - incredible let down? Help us decide.

I want to make the switch to the incredible. I still have one more year on the new every 2. I wish I could find a way to do this without costing $500. I wonder if I can do this through my mom. She is way over her new every 2 and does not want to change phones.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by malexii View Post
I want to make the switch to the incredible. I still have one more year on the new every 2. I wish I could find a way to do this without costing $500. I wonder if I can do this through my mom. She is way over her new every 2 and does not want to change phones.
There you go. I looked into the same thing. My mother-in-law has an upgrade. She said she had to buy the phone and activate it with her phone number. But then she could immediately switch back to her old phone - reactivate it -and give me the Incredible. As long as she was not using the Incredible she would not have to pay the $30 data plan (in other words she would not be under contract for the data plan just because she bought an Incredible if she was not using the phone).

Anyways... sounds like a good plan. Report back if you go for it.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:46 AM
N00b

malexii is a n00b

Thanks, ill have to stop in and talk to them about this one
Old 05-21-2010, 10:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I played with one in the store for a bit and didn't like it all that much, but hey, that's just me. I was in a meeting right after the release and one of the guys phones rang (not cool in a meeting right?) then everybody said "is that the inc? I have one, I have one too. It was show and tell after that. Way to funny. But the funniest part was none of these people were phone geeks, they had all been co-erced by the verizon rep into buying it. And they all complained about battery life. But these are the types who forget to charge at nite. Anyway, you had to be there. Classic comedy. I was ROFL on the inside. On the outside all business, of course LOL
Old 05-24-2010, 01:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: VZW

leland_jr is a n00b

I bought an Incredible on CL and also an HD2 on T-Mobile (30 day trial), trying to decide which one of the three to keep. I'm currently in Europe and using my Imagio because of the GSM chip. That's something I'd miss bigtime with the Incredible, but could do without, I guess.

So gents, what would you do? Three choices:
1) Droid Incredible. Try out Android and recommend me some apps to get over the things that can be fixed
2) HD2 and T-Mobile. Go whole hog with HD2 and tell me that pretty soon Android and WP7 will be available on it, and all my annoyances with WM can be solved with HD2 and a custom ROM
3) Imagio. Keep on flashing my Imagio to find something that doesn't piss me off

Thanks for your help! Having a lot of trouble deciding here. Below are my detailed thoughts and all...

My Imagio has been frustrating me with its continuous lags, stuck hardware buttons and terrible battery life (I've tried every ROM I can think of to get it better). All that said, this is the best Windows Mobile fan I've used, and in general I'm a Windows Mobile fan. I'm just getting a bit jealous that my Twitter, Foursquare and you-name-it app stinks in comparison to Android (iPhone not an option for me -- can't stand iTunes or ATT service).

So lark I bought a Droid Incredible off CL (only $300) and am doing a 30 day T-Mobile trial with an HD2. Both these phones are great in their own ways. I figure that I just want to use one for several months until WP7 comes out.

Normally this would be super-easy, I would just keep the Droid Incredible. The HD2 is a super-phone, but a bit bigger and I'm not sure I'm excited to leave VZW. I have such an awesome contract that T-Mobile would actually be a few bucks more a month for the same service level!

But here's what complicates it for me. The Droid Incredible is fast, snappy and in general fixes my complaints with my Imagio, however I'm bummed out by a few things with it:
1) Exchange in Android -- it's just not as good, even the unlock is clunkier
2) No GSM -- I like that with the Imagio and HD2 as I do travel overseas a few times a year
3) It's really light which is great, but also feels a bit cheap in the hand
4) The keyboard isn't as good as using Swype with Imagio or the same keyboard on the larger HD2 - it's too sensitive and tuned improperly

HD2... It's awesome, but it's on T-Mobile. Good service in my area, but definitely not true everywhere. Also it is damned clunky and a bit more expensive each month for me.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by leland_jr View Post
I bought an Incredible on CL and also an HD2 on T-Mobile (30 day trial), trying to decide which one of the three to keep. I'm currently in Europe and using my Imagio because of the GSM chip. That's something I'd miss bigtime with the Incredible, but could do without, I guess.

So gents, what would you do? Three choices:
1) Droid Incredible. Try out Android and recommend me some apps to get over the things that can be fixed
2) HD2 and T-Mobile. Go whole hog with HD2 and tell me that pretty soon Android and WP7 will be available on it, and all my annoyances with WM can be solved with HD2 and a custom ROM
3) Imagio. Keep on flashing my Imagio to find something that doesn't piss me off

Thanks for your help! Having a lot of trouble deciding here. Below are my detailed thoughts and all...

My Imagio has been frustrating me with its continuous lags, stuck hardware buttons and terrible battery life (I've tried every ROM I can think of to get it better). All that said, this is the best Windows Mobile fan I've used, and in general I'm a Windows Mobile fan. I'm just getting a bit jealous that my Twitter, Foursquare and you-name-it app stinks in comparison to Android (iPhone not an option for me -- can't stand iTunes or ATT service).

So lark I bought a Droid Incredible off CL (only $300) and am doing a 30 day T-Mobile trial with an HD2. Both these phones are great in their own ways. I figure that I just want to use one for several months until WP7 comes out.

Normally this would be super-easy, I would just keep the Droid Incredible. The HD2 is a super-phone, but a bit bigger and I'm not sure I'm excited to leave VZW. I have such an awesome contract that T-Mobile would actually be a few bucks more a month for the same service level!

But here's what complicates it for me. The Droid Incredible is fast, snappy and in general fixes my complaints with my Imagio, however I'm bummed out by a few things with it:
1) Exchange in Android -- it's just not as good, even the unlock is clunkier
2) No GSM -- I like that with the Imagio and HD2 as I do travel overseas a few times a year
3) It's really light which is great, but also feels a bit cheap in the hand
4) The keyboard isn't as good as using Swype with Imagio or the same keyboard on the larger HD2 - it's too sensitive and tuned improperly

HD2... It's awesome, but it's on T-Mobile. Good service in my area, but definitely not true everywhere. Also it is damned clunky and a bit more expensive each month for me.
I think you would be better off with a windows phone, because of what you said , you don't understand android and Froyo 2.2 would be way too fast for you . Go with the HD2.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 05-26-2010, 01:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Q9C

johnbrain is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

My wife's incredible arrived today. any way to get the contacts off her windows phone onto the incredible other than taking it into the store?
Old 05-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbrain View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

My wife's incredible arrived today. any way to get the contacts off her windows phone onto the incredible other than taking it into the store?

I believe that there is a way if you (she) sync with Outlook. If you used to sync your Imagio with Outlook and all of your contacts are there here is what you can do...

1. Open Outlook. Go to Contacts.
Open the File tab.
Select "Import and Export".
Select "Export to a file".
Now here I have trouble remembering what I did. I think you choose "Comma Separated Values (Windows)".
Then you will get the "Select a folder to export from, and you choose Contacts and then next.
Click on browse. Name the file and take note of where the file will be saved.
Click next.
Click finish.

2. Then go to your wifes gmail account.
Go to Contacts.
In the right hand corner of the Contacts box click on "Import".
Click on "Choose File."
Navigate to the .CSV file you just saved.
Click on "Import"

Since your wifes phone syncs with her gmail account you should be good to go. This of course is just my best guess bc I do not have an android phone [yet ].

Please report back on your impressions of the Incredible. I am especially interested in Outlook sync.

Oh - that just reminded me after typing all that up that the Incredible is supposed to sync with Outlook. I believe that I read it in this thread. So of course that would be a lot easier than the song and dance I just described.

See post #23, 24, 49.

Last edited by thepolishguy; 05-26-2010 at 02:13 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Q9C

johnbrain is just getting started

I got a cab that will convey the contacts to csv.

if I like her phone I may get an Incredible too, love my Imagio though but MS really missed the boat on apps.

p.s. Big Red threw in a 2 gb memory card. hads this been standard for the Incredible?

Last edited by johnbrain; 05-26-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

All of us that pre-ordered and got the first batch got a 2GB sd card free with the phone.

Sent from my Droid Incredible with Tapatalk Pro

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio