PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: verizon

wedgemoose is keeping up the good workwedgemoose is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Basic Contact Question

Sorry to start a thread for my one little problem but I have been playing with this for two days now..

How do I set a number in my contacts to be the default number? since my flash, all the defaults are wrong and need to be changed. Their house number is coming up instead of their cell phone number. I use outlook exchange for my e-mail and contacts.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: DELL Venue
Carrier: AirTel

ncvajja is just getting started
Re: Basic Contact Question

Ok....so ur contact has two numbers right....

Forgive me if this sounds or works out stupid...Feed in their default number first....save then feed in the next.

But the way I use my phone is contact cards..so. Give that a try
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncvajja View Post
Ok....so ur contact has two numbers right....

Forgive me if this sounds or works out stupid...Feed in their default number first....save then feed in the next.

But the way I use my phone is contact cards..so. Give that a try

thanks, but i know that trick. Thats what I'm trying to avoid. I have 300 contacts and would have to delete and re-do over 75 of them if I do it that way.

and yes some contacts have multiple numbers (Home-offoce-cell-fax) and mostly they all changed to what they wanted.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Verizon

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff

How are you dialing from the contacts? Is this in Sense? When I go to All Contacts and pick one, I get a page that shows all their contact numbers to select from. Are you doing it from a different screen?
Old 03-05-2010, 12:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwaits View Post
How are you dialing from the contacts? Is this in Sense? When I go to All Contacts and pick one, I get a page that shows all their contact numbers to select from. Are you doing it from a different screen?
Fwaits, I'm sorry, i don't know exactly what "sense" is. I re-flashed to the new ROM. I use outlook Exchange(where my contacts update from) and everything is as it comes on the phone(pertaining to the contacts).
But it's not a "call out" problem(i know how you can choose the different numbers like you said), it's a "caller ID" problem. let me explain:

I have a sister company in KY called Mountain Tarp. So i have a contact set up for Mountain Tarp with their main number only. And I have an employee down their named Dara. When I set up Dara's contact i put her cell phone number in and the main work number (which is the same as the original Mountain Tarp number). so when Mountain Tarp calls me it says "Dara Calling"(because she has their number in one of her phone number choices in her contact). If i could choose her cell phone as the default than it wouldn't come up as her name all the time. sorry confusing. I know i could delete the Mountain Tarp main work number from her contact but I have many other contacts with the similar situation. It would be nice if I could just choose a default number.

Thanks and sorry confusing
Old 03-05-2010, 04:29 PM
N00b

blue_94_trooper is just getting started

Sounds like the problem is not the default number for a contact but rather the default contact for the number. Dara's cell works fine, it's the corporate number that has multiple contacts associated with it and is causing you issues. I'm not sure where I'd look to try and fix that. When my wife calls me from her office line it comes up as one of her company's outbound trunk numbers and is always unknown.

I deleted the home number from my contact info on the phone so when somebody calls me from home it comes up as my wife and not me calling myself.

I think the phone scans the list alphabetically when trying to display the caller ID and I can't think of a phone that I've had that operated differently.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thanks men, now i have another problem (I'm never hard reseting again!!!!!!-Non stop work!!!!!) I have a contact that I CAN'T set a ringtone to. I tried various different ones and it rings with my default ringer no matter what. I have a bunch of other people that have there own ringtone and they work.

any ideas????

Edit: forget it. I'm an idiot. with all my back up and restoring it created a duplicate contact. That contact defaulted instead of the one with the ring tone. This default thing is killing me

thanks everyone

Last edited by wedgemoose; 03-05-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

dlvillard is a n00b

I found the problem is that Dara's name starts with a 'D' and the company's name starts with a 'M'. So your contact list sees the company number is related to Dara first instead of of Mountain Tarp. I found that out when I put my company telephone number in my personal contact info along with my cellular number. When I would call my wife from my office, my name would show up. Since I removed my company telephone number from my personal contact info, now my company name shows up when I call from the company telephone. I don't believe there is a fix for this.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:44 AM
VIP Member

keithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlvillard View Post
I found the problem is that Dara's name starts with a 'D' and the company's name starts with a 'M'. So your contact list sees the company number is related to Dara first instead of of Mountain Tarp. I found that out when I put my company telephone number in my personal contact info along with my cellular number. When I would call my wife from my office, my name would show up. Since I removed my company telephone number from my personal contact info, now my company name shows up when I call from the company telephone. I don't believe there is a fix for this.
Someone @ xda was looking into this, no fix currently
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks men. I gave up. I just did what you said Dlvillard. I just deleted the duplicate numbers. I figured if you pro's didn't have an answer for me in two seconds(like you always do) that i was in trouble. The weird part is that it worked normal with the original stock ROM. I either got lucky or never noticed it.

I am not a pro like you guys on the programing and tweaking side BUT finding stock settings and stuff like that, I'm the best.

thanks for all the help. it's not as bad as i thought. I deleted a few numbers and now i'm back to normal. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something simple I was missing........

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio