PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 09:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

yusky03 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone get there phone replaced 3 times and get a "like" phone?

As some of you might know if your phone breaks 3 times in a year due to manufacturers defects (stuck buttons) you can get a free upgrade to a "like" phone. I was wondering if anyone has done this with there imagio. I am on my second phone now. After getting it replaced a button stuck within 2 weeks so I am thinking it is just going to do it again. So has anyone done this? Is it a "like" phone or a phone that costs as much as the imagio? I would like to get the HTC Incredible when it comes out.

If they give me problems and try to give me a crappy phone that I don't want then I think I am going to just jump ship and get a HTC HD2
Old 03-03-2010, 10:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

johncal is becoming a great contributor
Re: Anyone get there phone replaced 3 times and get a "like" phone?

I had my Storm replaced 5 times and they gave me a brand new Imagio after I bitched enough. BTW, I'm on my 3rd Imagio. Button issues......
Old 03-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio

gcianc is becoming a great contributor

If you jump ship to a HD2 you'll be paying an early termination fee as you're probably under contract.

Verizon has no real "like" phones the Imagio at this time. It's not like there is something better to get a swap for.

Replacement goes by approx cost and specs... totally at Verizon's discretion. Typically 3 replacements in ~90 days (not a year). My guess is they'll offer an Omnia-II (price lowered recently) first or maybe even an old Diamond.... maybe a TP2 if you push or maybe talk them into a Moto Droid.

Your best bet will also be going to a Verizon Retailer (where you purchased) to get the alternate "like" replacement where you made the purchase. Doing it by 611 customer service might result in them wanting to push back your "free/discount phone upgrade eligibility" date.
#1 smartphone annoyance: wasting 40% of home screen on a clock.
FINALLY! - with Windows Phone 7 Series... we are taking accountability for the entire experience. That means you will not see layers, like HTC Sense or TouchFLO built on top of the UI by OEMs or MOs (mobile operators). - Aaron Woodman, Microsoft Director of Consumer Experiences
Old 03-04-2010, 12:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

heydr is keeping up the good workheydr is keeping up the good work

keep this in mind-- 3 manufacture defect warranties do allow you to do a multi exchange to an equvivalent device HOWEVER it will push your renweal date back another 2 years. From personal exp I would say its not worth it, just ride out the time with your phone untiul your up to renew, at least thats what i wish id done.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcianc View Post
If you jump ship to a HD2 you'll be paying an early termination fee as you're probably under contract.

Verizon has no real "like" phones the Imagio at this time. It's not like there is something better to get a swap for.

Replacement goes by approx cost and specs... totally at Verizon's discretion. Typically 3 replacements in ~90 days (not a year). My guess is they'll offer an Omnia-II (price lowered recently) first or maybe even an old Diamond.... maybe a TP2 if you push or maybe talk them into a Moto Droid.

Your best bet will also be going to a Verizon Retailer (where you purchased) to get the alternate "like" replacement where you made the purchase. Doing it by 611 customer service might result in them wanting to push back your "free/discount phone upgrade eligibility" date.
I am actually considering a early termination fee to get a HD2... Phone is amazing and has everything I want.

I would think that the Incredible (when it comes out) would be there closest phone to the imagio. The main difference would be processor and dual flash (I don't think WM vs Android would be an upgrade or downgrade... more personal preference). It should even be the same price as the imagio when it comes out unless they lower the price on the imagio. Those phones you mentioned I would definitely consider a downgrade to the imagio except for the droid which I passed on for the imagio because I wanted WM and no physical keyboard but if/when i do this if that is the best they will give me I will suck it up and get the droid.

To do something like this you would obviously go to a retailer. The corp retailer stores can get away with a lot more than customer support can. Multiple corp reps have even told me this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydr View Post
keep this in mind-- 3 manufacture defect warranties do allow you to do a multi exchange to an equvivalent device HOWEVER it will push your renweal date back another 2 years. From personal exp I would say its not worth it, just ride out the time with your phone untiul your up to renew, at least thats what i wish id done.
I got the imagio in I think Nov/Dec so it is not pushing it out that far. Besides this phone is really starting to bug me. I got data call errors all last night like every 5 min.

Last edited by yusky03; 03-04-2010 at 12:18 AM.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yusky03 View Post
Besides this phone is really starting to bug me. I got data call errors all last night like every 5 min.
Ummmm. Verizon had a major data outage. Nothing to do with the Imagio.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Ummmm. Verizon had a major data outage. Nothing to do with the Imagio.
Oh I see... Didn't know that. Thought it was just the imagio because I get that error every few days anyway.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=verizon+data+outage+3%2F3%2F2010

htc incredible or whatever comes next won't help. it will only introduce a new set of annoyances.

the errors like 777 are no doubt temporary data outages on the verizon network.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=verizon+data+outage+3%2F3%2F2010

htc incredible or whatever comes next won't help. it will only introduce a new set of annoyances.

the errors like 777 are no doubt temporary data outages on the verizon network.
Yeah but whats funny is... It does not go out... I am browsing and the error pops up I tap dismiss and keep browsing lol

Oh well I suppose all phone companies fail in some way or form. I will just wait till my third phones buttons stick and see what they say.

The second post seems to be a fair trade. I was actually considering the storm 2 when I was looking for a new phone and decided on the Imagio for bigger screen resolution and the customization that comes with WM.

I don't know why that data outage didn't come up on any of my RSS feeds I am subscribed to *shrugs*
Old 03-04-2010, 11:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid X

sensatti is becoming a great contributor

The multi fru exhange program was cut off on Feb 1st. They will only swap for same model now no matter how many exchanges.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio