PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 07:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

satsun is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Original, 2.1 and 2.5 Sense

ok the original sense running on the Imagio is cool, pretty quick with the slider and the messaging once clicked on responds pretty quick......

2.1 sense i have no experience with, i see the other forum has a dl for it, but does anyone have a .jpg of the home screen i can see
  • does it have the snazzy weather movement like the 2.5 does?
  • does swype work on it
  • can i change the mail icon on the slider
  • does the 4 square favorites menu work
    • can i add the 4 column cab
2.5 i tested on the .304 rom
  • slider is slow to respond
  • swype works when i initially soft reset but stops working after a bit
    • sipchanger error's out
  • Error screen sometimes causes a freeze
  • text message response takes forever as well does the all messages
  • It doesnt have the favorites screen, the 4 square tab on the slider cause as of right now that doesnt work, mail icon cant be changed either
Lastly, my friend has a TP2 running HD2 rom, i think if i'm reading correctly becuase the IMAGIO hasnt been able to get unlocked we cant run that rom and get the newer features such as the build in wifi hotspot, i know wm mobile etc are availiable but built in is so much better :0-)

And finally what is the MAIN difference between the 2.1 and 2.5 sense??? My apologies if these are already answered but i thought why not have these in a central location, i'm sure everyone wants these questions answered

THANK ME if this thread helps in anyway
Old 02-20-2010, 08:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc imagio
Carrier: verizon

tony3434 is a n00b
Re: Original, 2.1 and 2.5 Sense

main dif is 2.1 has weather on home screen with stock wallpaper where as 2.5 you can have any wallpaper with weather on it. Plus 2.5 has widgets on home screen where 2.1 does not. I've been running 2.1 for weeks with no problems except its a little slower than stock. 2.5 has too many bugs and freezes to much for me.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc imagio
Carrier: verizon

tony3434 is a n00b

one more thing is 2.1 works in landscape with no mods 2.5 does not. I use mine for my alarm clock on night stand with kick stand.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

satsun is just getting started

main dif is 2.1 has weather on home screen with stock wallpaper where as 2.5 you can have any wallpaper with weather on it. Plus 2.5 has widgets on home screen where 2.1 does not. I've been running 2.1 for weeks with no problems except its a little slower than stock. 2.5 has too many bugs and freezes to much for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony3434 View Post
one more thing is 2.1 works in landscape with no mods 2.5 does not. I use mine for my alarm clock on night stand with kick stand.
  1. Are you talking about the animated wallpaper option?
    1. Do you know how the animation appears, right now it just comes on randomly
  2. What widgets are you talking about? the 3 "plus" windows which are shortcuts to programs?
  3. Yea i'm gettin tired of the freezes and the slowness i might try out 2.1
  4. How do i get the landscaping to work, my phone is very hard to respond to movement from horizontal to vertical, not as smooth as the iphone wiht immediate response, do you have the same issue?
Thanks for your help on making some sense for me

Another thing i noticed was the vibrate on the volume controls is NOT all the way on the bottom as the original build, now when i click volume down all the way instead of vibrate it turns it on silent which sucks...lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio