PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 11:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Toysrme is keeping up the good workToysrme is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Increasing Your Battery Life

For people that just don't care Im doing this out of order.

1) Swap off the craptacular HTC/VZ rom. I highly suggest NRGY or MyCleanImagio. Simple fact is they run far better & unlike stock you wont have to reboot/win98 era ram clean every few hours. If you want the phone to run for a week without rebooting now you can!

2) nueBattery2. I am using nueBattery for CDMA Touch Pro 2 / Diamond 2. (Verizon CDMA)

Please note this is a tradeoff! This will allow you "fast charging" from a computer/device USB port. A power USB port/wall charger supports 800-1000mah charging. Stock USB device ports charge @ 400-500mah. Using this setup will allow you take far more advantage of quick-charging at available USB ports @ 900-1000mah! Unfortunately this will also lower the overall life of your battery! (As discussed below, the high charging rates are too much for most pathetic cellphone LION batteries to handle and lower the lifespan. The best thing to do is use the slower 400-500mah charge anytime you can get away with it.)

3) NueDynamicClock I run default on external power. "Don't control device clock until phone has completed boot sequence" = True.

Using these settings. I find that I am 100% stable @ 524mhz @ 1.1v instead of the default 1.2-1.325v. The lower speed/voltages also seem 100% stable and do not suffer from locking up while sleeping. (My other Imagio could sleep @ 19mhz & min voltages but took ages to wake up). Your mileage may very with your ability to wake up from sleep. I leave mine @ 245mhz because during long sleeps this phone does not like waking up @ 122mhz. My old Imagio had no problem with it. Go figure!)
Understand that many of the power levels are the same to the main CPU. AFAIK the different states @ the same voltage alter different parts of the chip. Which is why sometimes 0 voltage is stable & sometimes can it lock up even tho both report only 1.1v to the main part of the CPU.
AFA performance. I discussed it a little bit here. You will notice very little.
524mhz VS 384mhz VS 122mhz.

There was little if any performance impact going from 524-384mhz shown by SPB's Benchmark program.

4) WMLongLife
Ditching 3G when not needed is a large help. Now you really CAN have your phone check weather/email/stocks/twitter/FB every 30-60 minutes with no guilt! Adding a shortcut to the bandswitcher program to your home screen makes it rather guilt & hassle free to use.

5) Battery Gaurd
BE SURE you read the documentation on how to use this program! In general 100% "OFF"ing the bluetooth stack is good. GPS, camera & g-sensor to "power save" in modes when needed & "off" when not is also good. Default power mode & log9 to "Power Save" & "Standby" across the normal "ON" settings work.
YMMV and I don't pretend to know about the program. Seems to help tho!

Things to do that will turn you Imagio from a battery eating ***ch into something if hard pressed w' little use. You could get a weekend out of it.
Currently I got 1-1.5 days on my battery with regulated heavy use. Yesterday I went 1.25 days with the last 2.5 hours on youtube (3g, 1-2 bars) watching videos with my girlfriend. Eventually made it home @ 24% battery life. So ya. Much improved! The lowest current draw I have seen was 27mah (3 consecutive polls @ 60sec interval while I was sleeping). Average current draws in use may be 70-250mah spiking to 300-600ma during short term workings.
The average in-use current draw is not going to be reduced very much. That said the current draw when you are NOT using the device is so much better there is PLENTY of battery life left for fun-time!

Note about lions:
There is absolutely ZERO "break in" time. There is no calibration time. The battery from the factory on the first full charge is THE best charge you can possibly have. Battery life degrades from there.
100% charge is 4.1v
0% & permanent cell damage is achieved at 3.0v
For best battery life DO NOT EVER discharge the battery below 20% (3.4v) of its state of charge. Understand that the phone turnes off at "10% remaining" because when it hits 10%, it is crossing the 20% SOC threshold on the battery. Any useage beyond this point will lower the lifespan of the battery!
For storage,
3.8V (50% charge for 2 to 3 years storage)
3.5V allows 9 to 18 month storage (18 months at optimium condition)
3.3V allows 6 to 12 month storage (12 months at optimium condition)

The battery quality is a joke. They are typical low quality cellphone batteries. They support NEITHER the highest possible current draws, nor the charging currents.

Last edited by Toysrme; 05-26-2010 at 02:25 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: imagio
Threadstarter

Toysrme is keeping up the good workToysrme is keeping up the good work
Cool Re: Increasing Your Battery Life

The typical manual tweaks & cabs:
Set the phone to CDMA mode ONLY.
Comm Manager->Phone->Menu->Network Selection->Mode of operation = CDMA only

Disable Push Internet via NoPushInternet_v2.CAB

Removing bluetooth altogether
"Install the BlueTooth cabs if you do not intend on using BlueTooth"

I suggest not changing the battery polling interval via the registry. Ive watched it for a long time, there is no difference to be had by changing it from 5 seconds to something freezing over!

Last edited by Toysrme; 05-26-2010 at 12:13 AM.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff
Re: Increasing Your Battery Life

Wow. That's a lot of info. Thanks.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Q9C
Carrier: VZW

johnbrain is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toysrme View Post
The typical manual tweaks & cabs:
Set the phone to CDMA mode ONLY.
Comm Manager->Phone->Menu->Network Selection->Mode of operation = CDMA only

Disable Push Internet via NoPushInternet_v2.CAB

Removing bluetooth altogether
"Install the BlueTooth cabs if you do not intend on using BlueTooth"

I suggest not changing the battery polling interval via the registry. Ive watched it for a long time, there is no difference to be had by changing it from 5 seconds to something freezing over!
Is No Push internet necessary with the current slate of custom ROMs and 6.5? I always installed the cab with the very original ROM but didn;t no if I need it with NRG or MyCleanImagio.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC IMAGIO
Carrier: TIGO Colombia

juandelahoz is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toysrme View Post
For people that just don't care Im doing this out of order.

1) Swap off the craptacular HTC/VZ rom. I highly suggest NRGY or MyCleanImagio. Simple fact is they run far better & unlike stock you wont have to reboot/win98 era ram clean every few hours. If you want the phone to run for a week without rebooting now you can!

2) nueBattery2. I am using nueBattery for CDMA Touch Pro 2 / Diamond 2. (Verizon CDMA)

Please note this is a tradeoff! This will allow you "fast charging" from a computer/device USB port. A power USB port/wall charger supports 800-1000mah charging. Stock USB device ports charge @ 400-500mah. Using this setup will allow you take far more advantage of quick-charging at available USB ports @ 900-1000mah! Unfortunately this will also lower the overall life of your battery! (As discussed below, the high charging rates are too much for most pathetic cellphone LION batteries to handle and lower the lifespan. The best thing to do is use the slower 400-500mah charge anytime you can get away with it.)

3) NueDynamicClock I run default on external power. "Don't control device clock until phone has completed boot sequence" = True.

Using these settings. I find that I am 100% stable @ 524mhz @ 1.1v instead of the default 1.2-1.325v. The lower speed/voltages also seem 100% stable and do not suffer from locking up while sleeping. (My other Imagio could sleep @ 19mhz & min voltages but took ages to wake up). Your mileage may very with your ability to wake up from sleep. I leave mine @ 245mhz because during long sleeps this phone does not like waking up @ 122mhz. My old Imagio had no problem with it. Go figure!)
Understand that many of the power levels are the same to the main CPU. AFAIK the different states @ the same voltage alter different parts of the chip. Which is why sometimes 0 voltage is stable & sometimes can it lock up even tho both report only 1.1v to the main part of the CPU.
AFA performance. I discussed it a little bit here. You will notice very little.
524mhz VS 384mhz VS 122mhz.

There was little if any performance impact going from 524-384mhz shown by SPB's Benchmark program.

4) WMLongLife
Ditching 3G when not needed is a large help. Now you really CAN have your phone check weather/email/stocks/twitter/FB every 30-60 minutes with no guilt! Adding a shortcut to the bandswitcher program to your home screen makes it rather guilt & hassle free to use.

5) Battery Gaurd
BE SURE you read the documentation on how to use this program! In general 100% "OFF"ing the bluetooth stack is good. GPS, camera & g-sensor to "power save" in modes when needed & "off" when not is also good. Default power mode & log9 to "Power Save" & "Standby" across the normal "ON" settings work.
YMMV and I don't pretend to know about the program. Seems to help tho!

Things to do that will turn you Imagio from a battery eating ***ch into something if hard pressed w' little use. You could get a weekend out of it.
Currently I got 1-1.5 days on my battery with regulated heavy use. Yesterday I went 1.25 days with the last 2.5 hours on youtube (3g, 1-2 bars) watching videos with my girlfriend. Eventually made it home @ 24% battery life. So ya. Much improved! The lowest current draw I have seen was 27mah (3 consecutive polls @ 60sec interval while I was sleeping). Average current draws in use may be 70-250mah spiking to 300-600ma during short term workings.
The average in-use current draw is not going to be reduced very much. That said the current draw when you are NOT using the device is so much better there is PLENTY of battery life left for fun-time!

Note about lions:
There is absolutely ZERO "break in" time. There is no calibration time. The battery from the factory on the first full charge is THE best charge you can possibly have. Battery life degrades from there.
100% charge is 4.1v
0% & permanent cell damage is achieved at 3.0v
For best battery life DO NOT EVER discharge the battery below 20% (3.4v) of its state of charge. Understand that the phone turnes off at "10% remaining" because when it hits 10%, it is crossing the 20% SOC threshold on the battery. Any useage beyond this point will lower the lifespan of the battery!
For storage,
3.8V (50% charge for 2 to 3 years storage)
3.5V allows 9 to 18 month storage (18 months at optimium condition)
3.3V allows 6 to 12 month storage (12 months at optimium condition)

The battery quality is a joke. They are typical low quality cellphone batteries. They support NEITHER the highest possible current draws, nor the charging currents.
Hi! How did you get NueDynamicClock 100% working? I tried it but my Imagio does not wake up! I was using 384Mhz and less
Old 05-29-2010, 09:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC IMAGIO
Carrier: TIGO Colombia

juandelahoz is just getting started

Ok I tried the same conf you have used and It works perfect... Tried but less processor frecuency but dead... It looks like the problem here is the VOLTAGE option. Is there a way to know wich level should I chose for an specific frecuency, becouse AUTO option didnt work for me!
Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio