PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2010, 08:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Blackice000 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
NEW 3.04 ROM Install using Sprite Backup 6.5.5.6

OK. First a repost of my saga to date:

OK...I finally bit the bullet and did the ROM update.

I really did not want to start reinstalling from scratch so I did a bit of research. Seems that Sprite Backup 6.5.5.6 will do a proper ROM UPDATE data migration including e-mails settings, etc. I figured I would backup before with the old ROM. Perform the ROM update then another backup with the fresh ROM installed (just in case). After this I did a complete restore with Sprite.

First one was using MERGE Level 2. DO NOT DO THIS!!! It does not include all your start menu customizations (4 column, 31 choices)

Second one was with a MERGE Level of 1 this worked quite well. The only anomaly was the Getting started link still ran the phone setup. Though all the settings were already there so you can just click straight through to DONE.

All my PIM info including messages, phone log, email and databases are intact and working. Favorites seemed to not transfer (?) though that was easy enough to fix.

All programs seem to be working fine, I am still testing.

As for memory, I seem to be at 62% at startup, up from 58% from the old ROM it seems to hover around 70% with use and time. More on this as I use the phone.

Subjectively, the phone redraws faster and seems more responsive. I have to check to see if the D3Dxxx.dll transferred, though it still looks quite crisp.

I MAY have the "no body text" in the POP mail HTC graphic, but it may clear itself up.

I believe that I have some leftovers and duplicates on the system as teh TODAY choices still show Touchflo....these are likely using memory/storage and will have to be found.

More info as I experiment...

See Next message for additional info

Rick
Old 02-13-2010, 08:04 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Re: NEW 3.04 ROM Install using Sprite Backup 6.5.5.6

OK so after additional testing here is where we are now.

Things seem to work fine. I noticed that the REMOVE PROGRAMS list now only has Sprite Backup and Google Maps. Th former since I just installed it and the latter since I just updated.

I have MANY of apps already installed (and working) but none on the list. They DO show up in Pocket Mechanic AND SKTools and can be removed from there, however I'd like to repopulate this list. Is there an easy way to do this?

If not does anyone know the registry key where this list is stored? I could go to an old saved registry, pre backup and cut/paste.

More testing! Stay Tuned!

Rick
Old 02-14-2010, 06:44 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Re: NEW 3.04 ROM Install using Sprite Backup 6.5.5.6

Just noticed that the font for the memory percentage has changed.

I have been at 73% for 2 days now with no real change.

Rick

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio