PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

mlevin77 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
where are the lock screen options (hold down red button)?

I used to have it so that if I held down the red (hang up) button, and picked no choices from the menu that comes up (lock, turn off screen, sleep, etc.), it would automatically become locked needing me to slide the slider next time I turned it on before it would take keyboard commands. I soft-reset it, and now that doesn't happen anymore - on wakeup, it goes right to the Today screen. I don't like it because it comes on in my pocket sometimes. Where is the option as to what it does by default when the red button is held down? I can't find it anywhere.

thanks,

Mike
Old 02-13-2010, 08:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

Nicaragüense is keeping up the good workNicaragüense is keeping up the good work
Re: where are the lock screen options (hold down red button)?

the problem you are having is that it is not locking when the screen turns off. Holding the end key so the menu comes out, will turn the screen off if no action is taken in a couple of seconds. By default the screen lock will activate when the screen goes off. Soooo in short, just find out what the heck you need to do to reactivate the lock when screen is off and it should be fixed. There was a post around here somewhere about the screen not locking itself .
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I'm finding some apps and such but they have (apparently) various problems. What stinks is that this used to work just fine before this soft-reset (and I've done about a dozen so far, with never a problem). It's not some new function I'm asking for that needs a new app - the phone already used to do this! I could have sworn there was a simple setting somewhere for choosing which of the "quick menu" items gets chosen by default after holding down the red button, but now I can't find it...
Old 02-13-2010, 09:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

keithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Try this reg edit

HKCU\ControlPanel\KeyBd\Devicelockwhensuspended change to dword 1
Old 02-13-2010, 10:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

Nicaragüense is keeping up the good workNicaragüense is keeping up the good work

Yeah I had that issue on this phone before I flashed to the new rom. Perhaps one of the programs i installed changed the setting, but since i am constantly installing and removing things i didnt keep track. Keith's reg edit should do the trick.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: Phone not locking when hold down red button

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdupont View Post
Try this reg edit
HKCU\ControlPanel\KeyBd\Devicelockwhensuspended change to dword 1
I did that, and also

HKCU\ControlPanel\BackLight\AutoDeviceLockEnable-----------> set to 1

still no good! When I hold down the red button, it gives me a choice of Power Off, Turn Screen Off, Lock Device, and Set vibrate. If I do nothing, the screen goes off (which is where it used to be locked), but now when I hit the green button to wake it up, I see this same menu again - not the locked slider. What's going on?!?

My next attempt was to assign the "hold down red button" using AEButton Plus. That didn't work either - assigning either long-press or double-press of the red button to Lock (in the AEBP menu) doesn't seem to do anything. What am I doing wrong?

thanks!!

Mike

Last edited by mlevin77; 02-20-2010 at 09:01 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio