PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2010, 02:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

nsa_sailor is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnsa_sailor is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnsa_sailor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Speed up the camera times

There was a post here about speeding up camera times by installing the LEO Camera Fix. I installed it and noticed that it didn't speed up my camera shutter time any.
But I did find these settings that seem to do the trick:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\Captparam

Key: CapKeyDelayTime: Originally 1500, change to 500
Key: CaptureTimer: Originally 5000, change to 100
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff
Re: Speed up the camera times

Yeah- I thought that Leo thing worked when I installed it. But after a couple of days decided it was all in my head. I knew about one of these you posted and it did help. I will have to try the other. Thanks.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: verizon

phipps is a n00b

Where can I find these settings?
Old 03-31-2010, 03:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

jl1985 is a n00b

Does this work on Windows Mobile? I have Palm Treo Pro, Winmo 6.1. Where can I download these?
Old 03-31-2010, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Big Red V

fortycal is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl1985 View Post
Does this work on Windows Mobile? I have Palm Treo Pro, Winmo 6.1. Where can I download these?
there is no download... unless your looking for leo camera fix which you might find if you search for. these are registry edits that are done through a reg editor such as phm regedit
Old 03-31-2010, 04:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl1985 View Post
They are not downloads. They are registry settings. So you go into your phone registry and change it.

Use these instructions at your own risk. Back up your registry first.

First you will need some tools/a tool to change your registry. On my phone I use "PHM Registry Editor" (it is free and works fine). Or, if you prefer being able to use your full size keyboard, you can get CeRegEditor and edit your registry while using Active Sync.

So- install PHM. Run it. Back up your registry (Select "Tools". Select "Back Up")

Expand "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE". Expand "SOFTWARE". Expand "HTC". Expand "Camera". Double click "Captparam" (do not expand it -open it). Then, at the bottom 1/2 of the screen you will see all the "D" words and their values.

Select "CapKeyDelayTime". In the "Value data" box, change from 1500 to 500. Press "OK" (bottom left not top right).

Select "CaptureTimer". In the "Value data" box, change from 5000 to 500. Press "OK" (bottom left not top right). (I used 500, you can use 100 if you want.)

Soft reset your device (power off and power on). Test it out.

Of course I have no idea how a Palm device works. If you are running Windows Mobile- then I think this should work. But again- I don't pretend to know anything about Palm. As a matter of fact- I don't pretend to know anything about WinMo.
Attached Files
File Type: cab PHMregedit.cab (94.3 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-31-2010, 08:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

johncal is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsa_sailor View Post
There was a post here about speeding up camera times by installing the LEO Camera Fix. I installed it and noticed that it didn't speed up my camera shutter time any.

The camera wouldn't work if it sped up the shutter time. The shutter itself needs the time it needs to expose the picture properly. What the leo camera fix does it that it speeds up all the rest of the camera software, and I have personally found that it does that quite nicely.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio. Project Teya 1.8/HTC thunderbolt

gokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good work

Quote:

most custom roms have fixed this. Trust me.. if you had the shutter problems you would notice it. It would literally pause for a good full 5 to 10 seconds before snapping the pic. If you are gettin the normal 1 to 3 sec pause then your all set.. you dont need the "fix"
Old 03-31-2010, 10:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

johncal is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokudre View Post
most custom roms have fixed this. Trust me.. if you had the shutter problems you would notice it. It would literally pause for a good full 5 to 10 seconds before snapping the pic. If you are gettin the normal 1 to 3 sec pause then your all set.. you dont need the "fix"
Try to understand.... It's not a shutter problem if it pauses BEFORE taking the picture. It's a software issue that's not shutter related. Whether or not it has the delay BEFORE taking the picture, the amount of time the shutter is open for the exposure is the same with or without the leo camera fix.

A few of you guys keep saying there's a shutter problem. It's not. If the shutter was open for the improper amount of time, the pictures would be way over or under exposed.

The fix is related to correcting problem with the software for the autofocus and exposure calculations plus other performance enhancing fixes.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncal View Post
Try to understand.... It's not a shutter problem if it pauses BEFORE taking the picture. It's a software issue that's not shutter related. Whether or not it has the delay BEFORE taking the picture, the amount of time the shutter is open for the exposure is the same with or without the leo camera fix.

A few of you guys keep saying there's a shutter problem. It's not. If the shutter was open for the improper amount of time, the pictures would be way over or under exposed.

The fix is related to correcting problem with the software for the autofocus and exposure calculations plus other performance enhancing fixes.
Very sound argument concerning the "shutter". I am assuming that us photo laymen are just using the word generically and not in the true technical sense. So I will not argue your point there. But at the same time I don't think that this can be argued either... In the registry there is this setting:

Capture Time=5000. Whatever that does, it takes 5 seconds. Changing that to 500 means that whatever used to take 5 seconds now takes 1/2 a second. I haven't noticed any image degradation by making the adjustments. Likewise- using the Leo fix I personally did not notice image quality improvement nor a gain in speed.

Sense you are apparently using the Leo Fix- would you mind looking at these entries in your registry and posting what your settings are?

***EDIT***

I couldn't wait so I went ahead and installed the Leo fix. It does not affect these settings in the registry.

Last edited by thepolishguy; 03-31-2010 at 11:33 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio