PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 12:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio, Incredible
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

TonyK is keeping up the good workTonyK is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Imagio users AGES (Take Note)

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdupont View Post
I am 38 and I find this to be the most unproductive thread at ppcgeeks. It takes some boring threads for something to spark something in someone to decide to make something or make something better. I have seen it happen so many times, a noob will open a new thread to ask a question and get flamed several times but then someone will respond with something constructive. The bottom line in my opinion is that noobs have great ideas like kids do, because they have the ability to think outside the box. They (noobs) ask why can't I have manila contacts even though I am not running manila. We all say Duh! BUT....Somebody will probably make this happen before long. Once you have done this headache making shit for a while you lose the creative concept (at least I do) because the nuts and bolts of it will drive you insane. I think I need to go take a nap now!
Point well taken Keith, and others. And you are right about (" this is one of the most unproductive threads in PPC Geeks" it was not intended to be a productive thread. It was intended to get a point across to (some) But not All, about the way they respond to others in some of these threads. But i know you read through these threads, the ones that spark your interest just as i do. Point being, that threads are intended to help others, to form a bond with people you may never meet, but still have something in common,this being the Imagio, or what ever device one may chose. Everyone is not at the same level when in comes to PPC /smartphones, tech in general. And i will agree that the younger gen. are a lot more creative than I, when I was there age. And as i wrote in the original thread it is not about the age its about how much sence a person has. But as we all know that comes with time. As stated before, point well taken.

If I Have Helped You, PLEASE HIT [THANKS],, THANKS

Old 01-26-2010, 01:05 AM
Lovin some Droid!!!!
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: VZW

Reef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Reef48

Thread don't have to always be productive here. Sometimes it is nice for everyone to get to know each other..... But flaming does all most always get started... Anyways hello all! I am 32 and have been around Windows Mobile for a while now.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

simonob3 is a n00b

Hello all. . . I think I may be the youngest user thus far. 23 here and have been using winmo devices for 5 years. I have loved them all.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

BRosenow is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef48 View Post
Thread don't have to always be productive here. Sometimes it is nice for everyone to get to know each other..... But flaming does all most always get started... Anyways hello all! I am 32 and have been around Windows Mobile for a while now.
I couldn't agree more. Reading productive threads is good. Asking questions and getting lots of different answers is usually good (unless NONE OF THEM work for you!). Seeing how other people approach problems and come up with novel solutions is very good.

But sometimes it is also good just to 'shoot the breeze' and find out a little bit about people.

So . . . now it's time to stop reading this thread and get back to being productive!
Old 01-29-2010, 12:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio/HTC Incredible

brandonpa is a n00b

27 years old. Started out with the Kyocera 6035 palm phone and then came over the the dark side of windows mobile via samsung (i660 I think) smart phone and then the sammy i730 then 760 and then the imagio. Funny how everyone else seems to flame the windows mobile platform, but there are more and more phones coming out loaded with windows mobile. Curious to see
Old 01-29-2010, 12:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Whitestone

liquidi3ladz is keeping up the good workliquidi3ladz is keeping up the good work

I'm 21 and I've been using winmo for a while. I went from vogue to sprint tp to imagio. So far all my previous phones have had physical hardware damage. I'm still sticking to winmo.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC imagio
Carrier: cricket

2legit is a n00b

im 20 years of age im coming from a iphone, had it when they first came out and started to get hacked. a few months later it got old to me so i let it go and just got regular phones. after awhile i wanted something with a COOL TOUCHY SCREEN! so i started looking at the BB storm...then i stumbled across the tp2 but didn't really like the key bored thing. after a bit of reachurch i started looking into the imagio and i just happen to know someone selling on at the time so i picked it up off them for $150 bucks ha! and now here i am!
Old 01-29-2010, 10:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

robocrop is becoming a great contributor

At 48, like the older group here, I have watch technology change immensely. I was introduced to computers in the 70's, yes we had computers back then. We used the rotary dial phone and then set it into the cradle to talk to a computer 30 miles away with a 5.5 foot hard drive. If I remember correctly it had 256 K storage. The first computer game I played was a Star Trek game on that computer. Pretty cool at the time. Just remember todays generation doesnt have more creativity, or imagination than we do, or did in our younger days. They have the benefit of our imaginations and dreams to build on with their creativity and imagination.

My first WM phone was a Wizard that I hacked to pieces and ran Blackberry email for a while. That was when unlocking was still risky.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:39 PM
mhrc4

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdupont View Post
My son has the Droid Eris, you aren't missing anything.....
huh, I actually like the Droid Eris. To each their own, I guess.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

keithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhrc4 View Post
huh, I actually like the Droid Eris. To each their own, I guess.
I think it is a nice phone, but it doesn't offer anything we don't have with the imagio. Out of the box it is more customizable than ours, but that quickly diminishes.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio