PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 05:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

JamesHulsmann is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Where to learn so I can contribute?

If anyone can point to members and/or website/books that can help me out with all this modding - that would be great. Trolling is fun, but contribution is better...

And now for the obligitory head-bank:

PS - I program, design and architect software for aliving, so I can imagine this winmo stuff is really all that hard... If I can program in assemply... lol
Old 01-20-2010, 12:15 AM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Where to learn so I can contribute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHulsmann View Post
If anyone can point to members and/or website/books that can help me out with all this modding - that would be great. Trolling is fun, but contribution is better...

And now for the obligitory head-bank:

PS - I program, design and architect software for aliving, so I can imagine this winmo stuff is really all that hard... If I can program in assemply... lol
your best tool is read through the forums and just tinker wih your phone get a reg editor and just start messing with it you can allways hard reset if you mess things up just dont try to install any roms or unlocker till an official one comes out alot of stuff in the tp2 forums work on imagio so check there as well
Old 01-20-2010, 11:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio - Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

fordnfishin is keeping up the good workfordnfishin is keeping up the good workfordnfishin is keeping up the good work

Yep just play with your unit a bit. Flick it around and stroke the screen a bit. The forum can get a bit cluttered but you can find what you need, really xda is a tad more organized on the educational forums in my opinion. What is done here, a lot you cannot find in a book or anywhere else on the web. Best bet is if you have an imagio start reading the new posts everyday and trying the tweaks and by the time your ready for your next device you will be a pro. But I have been with Win Mo for 5 years now and I'm still learning.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:01 PM
VIP Member

keithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordnfishin View Post
Yep just play with your unit a bit. Flick it around and stroke the screen a bit. The forum can get a bit cluttered but you can find what you need, really xda is a tad more organized on the educational forums in my opinion. What is done here, a lot you cannot find in a book or anywhere else on the web. Best bet is if you have an imagio start reading the new posts everyday and trying the tweaks and by the time your ready for your next device you will be a pro. But I have been with Win Mo for 5 years now and I'm still learning.

???????????????
Old 01-20-2010, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio - Moto Droid

fordnfishin is keeping up the good workfordnfishin is keeping up the good workfordnfishin is keeping up the good work

Yea I know gay as hell. Hungover, just rolled out of bed and just started typing. Should have slammed a Monster and then typed, apologies.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

depends on what you want to do.
xda development and hacking forum is a good place to start. go on the elite team chatroom and hook up with some of the devs there.

good luck!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:34 PM
VIP Member

keithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Yea I know gay as hell. Hungover, just rolled out of bed and just started typing. Should have slammed a Monster and then typed, apologies.
I just hit you up with a thanks for both posts because you made me laugh
Old 01-20-2010, 04:56 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Yea I know gay as hell.
No, "gay" would be two men screwing, kissing or getting married...

You talking about about units and things is just... well.... creepy
Old 01-20-2010, 05:08 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Rreally xda is a tad more organized on the educational forums in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafester View Post
depends on what you want to do.
xda development and hacking forum is a good place to start. go on the elite team chatroom and hook up with some of the devs there.

good luck!
Thanks a lot! I shall start there and inside some WinMo development books. SImply hacking a registry isnt going to let me get into ROM's and such...

Quote:
What is done here, a lot you cannot find in a book or anywhere else on the web.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtcee View Post
your best tool is read through the forums and just tinker wih your phone get a reg editor and just start messing with it you can allways hard reset if you mess things up just dont try to install any roms or unlocker till an official one comes out alot of stuff in the tp2 forums work on imagio so check there as well
This isnt the first forum I have read statements like this. OCer's Club too has lots of this going on. Its not entirely accurate though - nothing related to the technical is... not in my experience anyway.

EDIT - not trying to be rude to anyone, just saying. I actually find it charming at this point that every new technical group I join hs everyone at the beginning saying something like "nothing to learn directly" when there probably is SOME. Nevermind, I just made myself seem like an *******... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtcee View Post
alot of stuff in the tp2 forums work on imagio so check there as well
Thanx for the heads up... SPB backup will need to be a purhcase - I hate the idea of hard resetting, I would rather just restore!

Last edited by JamesHulsmann; 01-20-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:08 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Thank you all for your replies, I look forward to even more...

IMAGIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio