PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Great Tweaks,Apps,SPB,Themes,ETC..

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibby1029 View Post
No,I bookmarked a link off of the site for a download for one, but I haven't gotten the chance to do it yet. What exactly will this do for my phone if I do it?
Here is a link to the thread here...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121

Basically what this will do for you is...

1) Allow you to run a newer version of of Sense. Right now - if you are using the stock rom (and apparently you are) then you are using an older version that was referred to as TouchFLo3D (which would probably be Sense 2.0) when the Imagio hit the shelves. Since the Imagio release HTC has released several versions of Sense: 2.1 and 2.5 and besides that, there are variations of these: Sense 2.5.1911, Sense 2.5.2012, Sense 2.5.2013 etc. Most custom roms utilize Sense 2.5.2012 which has quick links on the home page. Plus - there is a modification for Sense 2.5.2012 that most people love called Cookies Home Tab 1.8.5 (CHT 1.8.5)

2) Also - with a custom rom you can use a different version of the Windows Mobile Operating System. The Imagio comes with 6.5. Custom roms utilize 6.5.3, and 6.5.5. With the newer builds the Start Menu button is moved from the tiny spot in the upper left to a larger button in the lower left. (builds 23563 and 23569)

So there are advantages. But there are disadvantages.

1) Unlocking your phone voids your warranty. If you can successfully run the re-locker this is not a problem. If not - no goodski.

2) Custom roms always have issues. Something is not going to work right. People can say whatever they want to say. I haven't used one yet where everything worked the way it was designed. Personally I think the trade off is worth it.

If you decide you want to give it a try - do a lot of reading first. MAKE SURE YOU USE AN IMAGIO ROM. I have heard of other people trying to flash a TouchPro2 or HD2 rom to their Imagio. If yo do that your phone will be "bricked" (a paper weight, unusable).

And if you need help I am sure there are some people that will help you - this seems to be a pretty good community (with a few exceptions).
Old 07-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Lurker

alibby1029 is a n00b

Thanks for all of the info... I did put a new ROM on my Imagio, but it was just the upgraded ROM from Verizon. Honestly, I'm pretty happy with the 3.04 ROM. It definitely fixes the RAM leak that I and other users were experiencing with the phone. That was really one of the biggest complaints that I had with the phone other than WM 6.5 does take a little long to open apps sometimes, but I doubt the custom ROMs can fix that (if they can than possibly I'll look into them), but for now I think I'm just gonna stick with the 3.04 ROM. Its funny though how I had to find out about it on this forum though just a couple weeks ago. I don't think Verizon did a very good job about advertising it.

thanks again,
Alex
Old 08-13-2010, 01:38 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AMTG is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumpey326 View Post
My Tweaks, Cabs.............Part 4

Explanations on some of the cabs that arent easily distinguished by the name:

First two are Slider related and 2nd two are taskbar related. Makes them have alot of colors

To get the 3G icon to display, copy the tapres.192 file to the windows folder, overwrite when it asks you to, and the reboot. I suggest using Resco Explorer since it is a more advanced and very easy to use file explorer.
I am apparently not pasting the "tapres.192.rar" file in the right Windows folder cuz I'm not getting the 3G. Anyway, someone can give me the actual file location? Thanks!
Old 08-18-2010, 10:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc imagio
Carrier: CLARO

nc31002 is a n00b
Re: Sense Slider on your Imagio!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent372 View Post
I always thought is was funny, how the Imagio had WinMo 6.5, but TF3D instead of SenseUI.
Now you can replace your blue TF3D slider with the stock HTC SenseUI slider.

Download available on my website (link in signature)
hi friend,

where´s your link?..... I have a HTC IMAGIO....just install the cab??
Old 08-27-2010, 12:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 Mighty Rom

David J. is just getting started

Wow holy crap guys. There is tons of information here. For not being a tech geek I think I did really well. I also learned how to do some reg edits via ceregeditor. That program makes it easy. Still running the verizon rom but will have a buddy log into my pc via teamviewer and help me with the spl unlock to load a new rom. I had a touchpro 2 but got drenched onthe fourth of July. They replaced my phone with the Imagio. I guess I will have to load the swype keyboard on this thing to make it a little smoother. The only problem I had toady was using the regedit for removing that stupid TV icon at the top. It said I could not remove a root file. No worries though with new rom coming on board tomorrow. Now I will go rom shopping...

Just wanted to say hello and thanks everyone for the good info!!!
Old 08-27-2010, 09:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by David J. View Post
Wow holy crap guys. There is tons of information here. For not being a tech geek I think I did really well. I also learned how to do some reg edits via ceregeditor. That program makes it easy. Still running the verizon rom but will have a buddy log into my pc via teamviewer and help me with the spl unlock to load a new rom. I had a touchpro 2 but got drenched onthe fourth of July. They replaced my phone with the Imagio. I guess I will have to load the swype keyboard on this thing to make it a little smoother. The only problem I had toady was using the regedit for removing that stupid TV icon at the top. It said I could not remove a root file. No worries though with new rom coming on board tomorrow. Now I will go rom shopping...

Just wanted to say hello and thanks everyone for the good info!!!
Nice to have you on board. As far as rom developing goes. Energy is the only dev ACTIVELY developing for the Imagio. But there are some other good roms still available.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:25 AM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

anyone got a working BG4All cab for the stock ROM?
Well actually its the MR1 update.

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 09-05-2010, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc6700 now HTC Titan6800 now I'm using the Touch(6900)-8gig micro sd card s2u2 with motorola T505
Carrier: Alltel

SidDuced is a n00b

Is there a app that I can map to a hardware key to turn the screen off even when the phone is locked?
Old 09-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidDuced View Post
Is there a app that I can map to a hardware key to turn the screen off even when the phone is locked?
You can give this one a shot:

Screen Off

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab
Old 10-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Lurker
Carrier: ...

slash13 is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to slash13

Can u help me, is it real to have android on my Imagio?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio