PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 10:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

sHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best And Most Addictive Games On Android

What are the ultimate Android games you are playing? What is the one game you always turn to in times of boredom? I will take your suggestions and add them to this post. Please include a small review. Keep in mind I am looking for mainly games that have good controls, and replay ability.

Update -
12/7/09 - the list has been updated. Some reviews have been edited as I have had more time to review each application. Thanks to all who have helped me compile this list!
12/15/09 - updated the list again. made some format changes, added links to download content

Game Index

Abduction - The controls are simple and work well, and the game provides addictive entertainment with various levels, objectives, and unlockables. The game is free, but has an option to pay to unlock much more content.

Armored Strike - Interesting game, quite similar to Scorched Earth. The lite version leaves a lot to be desired. The controls are also not the easiest to use....but usable. The game is actually pretty neat with the incorporation of "pick ups". If you liked Scorched Earth, you will like this.

Buka - For some reason this game screams "Japanese" to me with it's simplistic yet elegant design. The controls are quite simple, and the gameplay is quite addictive. The full version of this game is not free, but a lite version exists for free. This is a very well designed Android game that can pass lots of time.

Cestos - Another excellent Chicken Brick game. It pits you against one other player, and the objective is to knock all their balls off the platform first before they knock yours off. Play online head to head and level up as you progress. Lots of unlocks.

Craig's Race - Nice Multiplayer Racing game, the graphics are simple as are the controls. Different race types, vehicles & tracks. Keep a good racing line as you pace your way past other players. This is a birds eye view racer. Also you cannot collide into each other.

Dope Wars - Classic game remade nicely for android available in Market. Very addicting.

Farm Frenzy - Not available in app store. I have not personally reviewed this game, but it seems quite similar to the Facebook game. Run your own farm "looking after chickens, sheep and cows, producing cakes, wool, butter and cheese." From what I hear, people get addicted to this fast.

Frozen Bubble - Sorry, but this game ROCKS. I love penguins, and I love bust-a-move, and this brought the 2 together. It is a "Bust-A-Move" style bubble breaker game, and the only real control is the trackball. Very easy to use. A very well designed game all around.

GoStop - A fast paced Korean card game. Controls are simple and easy game to play.

Jewel - Addictive puzzle game with very intuitive controls. Match 3 objects horizontally or vertically to create giants chains and score big.

Mini Shot Basketball- "Now supports the droid, mini shot is a pocket version of an arcade hoops basketball game. Submit your high scores on-line, long press for score list."

Moto X Mayhem - Just lean forward and back with the phone, and press in front to go and behind to brake. This game is very similar to Xbox360's "Trials HD" game....or if you are an old skooler like me, its quite similar to Excite Bike.

ProjectINF - This game is, simply put, awesome. It is a multiplayer online game, capture the flag and team deathmatch. You can customize upgrades for your avatar to your style of play. Very addictive, and controls are basic. Highly recommended.

Robo Defense - Tower defense game that runs surprisingly well on Android for the quantity of things happening on the phone at once. Lite free version available, as well as a pay version. Controls are easy to figure out and use.

ThrottleCopter - Super easy controls (touch screen to gain altitude, let go to lose altitude), and quite addictive in short bursts. Good time waster. Can compete with online scoring through ScoreNinja.

WordUp! - Very cool word teaser that will have you thinking instantly. Link together letters to form as many words as you can within the time limit. Controls are easy, and you CAN go diagonal.

Last edited by sHockz; 12-31-2009 at 03:37 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

fullgrown is becoming a great contributor
Re: Best And Most Addictive Games On Android

GoStop- korean card game. controls are simple and easy game to play.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:29 AM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

Craig's Race

Nice Multiplayer Racing game, the graphics are simple as are the controls.
Different race types, vehicles & tracks.

Keep a good racing line as you pace your way past other players.
This is a birds eye view racer. Also you cannot collide into each other.

Last edited by Genjinaro; 12-02-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: pocket pc
Carrier: unknown

eagleprop is a n00b

HAHA can't beat NESDROID. You can find old NES roms anywhere - and play the old skool n'tend o games on your phone.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c

[QUOTE=eagleprop;1379743]HAHA can't beat NESDROID. You can find old NES roms anywhere - and play the old skool n'tend o games on your phone.[/QUOTE

What are you using as a controller. I hear the touch screens create a problem for this
Thank a Fellow Geeker If you have been helped by hitting the button below
Old 12-02-2009, 08:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

chippillie is a n00b

Gang wars 13fe1
Old 12-03-2009, 01:31 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Moto X Mayhem is great! I hope they add to this game, it is very addicting!
Old 12-03-2009, 01:33 AM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c

[QUOTE=thacounty;1381895]Moto X Mayhem is great! I hope they add to this game, it is very addicting![/QUOte

Shot me the link

Last edited by athlet1c; 12-03-2009 at 02:56 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:45 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by athlet1c View Post
How are the controls on it
Great! There really aren't any, just lean forward and back with the phone, and press in front to go and behind to brake.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero - Freshified :)

gazment is keeping up the good workgazment is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to gazment Send a message via Yahoo to gazment

Dope Wars - Classic game remade nicely for android available in Market. Very addicting.

Also, check out http://101bestandroidapps.com/ users rate games and you can organize them as best of the week, month, all-time ect...

Last edited by gazment; 12-03-2009 at 05:44 AM. Reason: http://101bestandroidapps.com/

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero

Tags
android, game, google, hero, rom