PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 05:22 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty
Re: !Hero Tips/Tricks/Fixes! Check here for answers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson8403 View Post
did you ever find out how to do this? I have this problem with a few of my contacts, everyone else seems to update real time/fine
This was for updating the profile on sprints network. If you are having contact problems try a soft reset. Also check Gmail contacts and make sure they aren't separated because that can cause problems.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:33 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Threadstarter

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty
Re: !Hero Tips/Tricks/Fixes! Check here for answers!!

Adjust the white balance on the main menu of the camera screen to whatever the lighting is around you and get rid of the hue you end up with if you don't.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

mercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: !Hero Tips/Tricks/Fixes! Check here for answers!! Updated 11/3/09

I added a (free) tethering hack to another thread, but it might be good to have it here too.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=22

Hit me with some THANKS!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:21 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercado79 View Post
I added a (free) tethering hack to another thread, but it might be good to have it here too.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=22
Thanked and added to 1st post.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

Blackrose25 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Blackrose25

tried the internet tethering if you do it quickly enough it does work, I am running win7 if that helps any one I am connected to that and responded so far so good.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

notrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuff

Mostly Ad Free Web browsing for your rooted Hero.

## Sorry I didn't like the results that the Host file I suggested was giving me. So I'm making my own. I will update this when I'm finished. ##

Last edited by notrock; 11-20-2009 at 09:56 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:19 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notrock View Post

I use SU file manager, it makes it a breeze to mount and unmount the file system as RW.

First back up your current HOSTS file in /etc by ether renaming it hosts.bak and copying it to your sdcard.

Then replace it with the one attached to this post or you can find it here

Now you should be all set. Test it by typing http://www.doubleclick.net into your browser. It should just give you a page not found error

Now I know some people find Ad blocking morally reprehensible, if this applies to you move along. Full size flash banners suck on mobile browsers "Catch Bin Laden and win a pink razr or What celebrity's foot is this" This garbage takes up bandwidth and time it to render.

Have fun.
Thanked and Added. Good info!
Old 11-10-2009, 10:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Pre 2, Evo

tersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by notrock View Post

I use SU file manager, it makes it a breeze to mount and unmount the file system as RW.

First back up your current HOSTS file in /etc by ether renaming it hosts.bak and copying it to your sdcard.

Then replace it with the one attached to this post or you can find it here

Now you should be all set. Test it by typing http://www.doubleclick.net into your browser. It should just give you a page not found error

Now I know some people find Ad blocking morally reprehensible, if this applies to you move along. Full size flash banners suck on mobile browsers "Catch Bin Laden and win a pink razr or What celebrity's foot is this" This garbage takes up bandwidth and time it to render.

Have fun.
How do I do this, I've downloaded the hosts file to my SD card and tried to copy it over to my ect folder with Su file manager, but it doesn't put it in the ect dir. And I have both rw's selected (red dots at the top). Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:32 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Threadstarter

Re: !Hero Tips/Tricks/Fixes! Check here for answers!! Updated 11/10/09

First post will be updated today with my version of flashing a recovery image the way it worked for me and has all the steps that were missed in the xda version but added in comments. I am only consolidating. All credit goes to the guys who know what they are doing in shell and showed me the way!!

My suggestion, root the hero using my first link, follow those directions very carefully and make sure to put asroot2 and the recovery image in the AndroidSDK\Tools folder, that is very important. Once done click either xda or my link and follow those exactly.

Should work, I had to reset phone and box at least 3 times before it all went through, but it was worth it!!
Old 11-11-2009, 05:44 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Threadstarter

Re: !Hero Tips/Tricks/Fixes! Check here for answers!! Updated 11/10/09

Edited first post to make it a little easier to get the info.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero