PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 12:24 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty
Re: !Hero Tips/Tricks/Fixes! Check here for answers!! Updated 11/15/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapmedia View Post
@DaCounty...did you think this was important to put on tricks or is it just assumed that everyone knows this?
Got caught up trying to get Root links organized I will try and get it up tonight. Sorry bro.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:39 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Threadstarter

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapmedia View Post
I’ve been experimenting with the PC Sync options using HTC Sync and CompanionLink. I trialed CompanionLink and it seemed to work fine for me but I was hesitant to spend $40 bucks on an app when HTC provided HTC Sync. The problems I had with HTC Sync version 2.0.5 was the duplications and truncating of calendar and contact notes. I’m currently trying version 2.0.8 so I’ll update on this. But, I did find out in my research a way to wipe your calendar and contacts clean very quickly. Go to Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications and “clear data” on these applications:

Contacts Storage
People
Com.android.providers.calendar
Calendar

Works for me…and I’ve done it plenty of times!
Added, thanked.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

ebuechler3 is keeping up the good workebuechler3 is keeping up the good work

im gonna get 2 heros later today and i pretty much understand rooting and flashing 0.6 rom. i wanted to do the app2sd also but i cant find this app or cab anywhere... can somone post this for me? and how do i install it or get it working? im new to the hero scene and i want a head start this weekend!
Old 11-27-2009, 03:09 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebuechler3 View Post
im gonna get 2 heros later today and i pretty much understand rooting and flashing 0.6 rom. i wanted to do the app2sd also but i cant find this app or cab anywhere... can somone post this for me? and how do i install it or get it working? im new to the hero scene and i want a head start this weekend!
A2SD2 Comes stock on Modaco and Fresh roms. I recommend fresh.

Back up sd card

Boot into recovery

Choose partition SD Fat32,EXT2,Swap

Reboot phone

Reload files onto SD card

It should be working fine. You can check by a link I have in the first post.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

notrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuff

Change the order of your bookmarks.

Download Bookmark Manager Run it and you're done.

I also like BetterBookmarks it creates nicer looking shortcuts for your home screen.

Great tip with betterbookmarks or with the stock way.
Add a bookmark, create the shortcut, then delete the bookmark. This way you can keep your visual bookmarks tidy.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
A2SD2 Comes stock on Modaco and Fresh roms. I recommend fresh.

Back up sd card

Boot into recovery

Choose partition SD Fat32,EXT2,Swap

Reboot phone

Reload files onto SD card

It should be working fine. You can check by a link I have in the first post.
when you say backup my sd card, do you mean copy everything from my sd card to a folder on my desktop pc? sorry for the dumb dumb question... and thanks!!!
Old 11-28-2009, 08:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker

And one more question, should i do app2sd every time i flash a new rom, and any time i get a new sd card? again thanks and i looooove my Hero!!! glad i didnt "upgrade" to a tp2, or an IPhone!!!
Old 11-29-2009, 12:53 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Threadstarter

Quote:
when you say backup my sd card, do you mean copy everything from my sd card to a folder on my desktop pc? sorry for the dumb dumb question... and thanks!!!
Yea, put your stuff from the sd on the pc then just copy back when done.

Quote:
And one more question, should i do app2sd every time i flash a new rom, and any time i get a new sd card? again thanks and i looooove my Hero!!! glad i didnt "upgrade" to a tp2, or an IPhone!!!
A2sd2 will stay if the rom has it, otherwise DON'T install the rom, unless you have taken the necessary steps. If the rom has it, then it will always be there.

A new sd card means you will have to copy the entire contents of the partition and the SD card over, there was an app for that, I will look around for it.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker

is there a media player like wvd or tcpmp that can play my fav flv vids on the hero?

Last edited by ebuechler3; 11-29-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:24 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; A6277 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebuechler3
is there a media player like wvd or tcpmp that can play my fav flv vids on the hero?
I wish! I want vlc to port but it may take the community to develop like tcpmp did. You can play .flv with HTC flash I think because it will do YouTube. But im not sure.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero