PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

maygem82 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
htc hero v2.32.651.2 not rooting

I have tried to root my htc hero and everything I have found is from the software before mine. It won't reboot and stays on the black htc screen, what's weird is that when you unplug the usb the little droid screen pops up like its trying to work and then as soon as you plug the usb back in the black htc screen comes back. Did sprint do something with the last update to prevent rooting? Help! My phone is super laggy and I desperately want to get this htcsense off my phone so I can thoroughly enjoy my hero.
thanks in advance
Old 04-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

cwebbs80 is a n00b
Re: htc hero v2.32.651.2 not rooting

I am having the same issue as well. I've followed the instructions exactly, which include downgrading the software on my Sprint Hero back to v1.5, but when attempting to do so, I just get an error stating that it is unable to downgrade. There must be an easy way to root the Hero, it has been out for so long. I'm starting to think this is becoming more trouble than I wanted to put up with, but any help would be appreciated greatly.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:42 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Did you guys try other methods? There are like 3 ways if I'm not mistaken. I followed the xda instructions

Cooler than your EVO
Old 04-29-2011, 08:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

thisdude23 is a n00b
Re: htc hero v2.32.651.2 not rooting

Same problem here, but I ended up doing this method.

One click Root APK for CDMA Hero - xda-developers

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero