PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamon
Carrier: Sprint

Time_Lord is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
To those having problems with their Hero

As I think we have all learned Sprint does not pay any real attention to the complaints posted on the internet forums. Furthermore whenever you try calling Sprint's customer service the only thing they seem to be able to tell you is

1) We've never seen that problem before
2) Let's reset your device
3) Resetting your device didn't work? we'll replace it

I believe the only way to get any type of response is to contact Sprint's Executive Services, their E-mail address is ecare@cc.sprintpcs.com and their direct number is 1-866-727-0665.

The rule is, if people don't call them directly and complain Sprint will not budge in fixing the problem(s) and the normal front line tech support people don't know anything beyond the simple flowchart presented to them when you call.

So if you are having problems with the phone YOU MUST CALL SPRINT AND COMPLAIN or nothing will be done! This includes those that have problems but don't seem to care. (eg ring lag - but receive very few calls that it doesn't both you)

-TL
Old 06-22-2010, 03:43 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: To those having problems with their Hero

Thanks for the info but at this point, being that the Hero has been out as long as it has, they arent gonna try and fix these issues. Their focus is bringing out the next phone that corrects any issues. Personally, I have had my hero long enough that I dont have any issues that are bothersome anymore. Ring lag has been around on multiple phones. It was even an issue with my Diamond. There was a slight fix you could do but then you lost battery life in return.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 06-22-2010, 07:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

derfnoslen is just getting started

I agree, Sprint isn't going to do anything, the EVO is out now. The ring lag does bother me, but like you said I don't get that many calls so it's no biggie. I just kinda live with the defects of this phone. The main thing that gets me is the lag... it's not as bad as my touch pro by any means but the keyboard lag sucks. Also, the lag on the internet... I hear the EVO has keyboard lag too, so I don't want it, I just want a phone that DOES NOT LAG... EVER!!! lol
Old 06-23-2010, 08:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBZL View Post
Ring lag has been around on multiple phones. It was even an issue with my Diamond. There was a slight fix you could do but then you lost battery life in return.
That still exists? This drove me crazy on the TP. I'm surprised it still exists on the Hero/Android. I figured it was just a windoze thing. If people are still seeing this, it makes me think it's a hardware and/or sense issue. I don't see this anymore on the moment.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:37 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinazn View Post
That still exists? This drove me crazy on the TP. I'm surprised it still exists on the Hero/Android. I figured it was just a windoze thing. If people are still seeing this, it makes me think it's a hardware and/or sense issue. I don't see this anymore on the moment.
I havent honestly havent had issues about ring lag. All of my calls get to me. I was just going by what others have said.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

try darchdroid..lol best rom ever..stock android asop.. no htc sense lagging the phone down.. oc'd to 768...this thing is fast..

but ya sprint could care less bout the hero now..

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero