PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc hero
Carrier: sprint

jenell.quick is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problems with Official 2.1

Sorry if this has been posted before, was not able to find it...
When sending texts to a contact for the first time I pick their name from the list then after I send it the contact is showing up in my sent list under their phone number not name. This seems to be happening randomly. Does anyone have a fix?
Old 05-25-2010, 03:14 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Problems with Official 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenell.quick View Post
Sorry if this has been posted before, was not able to find it...
When sending texts to a contact for the first time I pick their name from the list then after I send it the contact is showing up in my sent list under their phone number not name. This seems to be happening randomly. Does anyone have a fix?
Just a guess here but it may be that it hasnt synced the contact yet. Does it eventually change to their name?

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 05-25-2010, 05:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo

fuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stuff

I'm unable to gps lock... Don't know if other people are having this problem though.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

ssolomon is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to ssolomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuuup View Post
I'm unable to gps lock... Don't know if other people are having this problem though.
I am having the same problem and it happened at very bad times and almost got me lost.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 6800, HTC Hero

leprycoon is just getting started

I had the texting problem for a day or so, but then they all went to names and life is good. Did yours come around?
Old 05-28-2010, 11:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

jo1020 is keeping up the good workjo1020 is keeping up the good work

Anybody having problems uploading pictures? They upload but not completely.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc hero
Threadstarter

jenell.quick is a n00b

Ok so my previous problem decided to fix itself not sure how but great. Now I have a new problem: When trying to listen to my music (or set music to a ringtone) I get an error that says "Sorry, the playback license is not valid." Please help!
Old 06-04-2010, 03:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 6800, HTC Hero

leprycoon is just getting started

I have a fun one. My wife and I both have Heros that were upgraded and now sometimes the phone decides to place a three way call instead of simply calling a person. The result is that you can talk to the person you called but when you hang up you have their voice mail on the other line. It can happen if you double tap the person's name in your list or if you just single tap it. Pretty strange and it is happening on two phones.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: hTc HERO

stealth919 is just getting started

My ringers for individuals isn't working. They show listed in the edit portion of their info but when they call it just uses the ringer I have set for everyone else. I dont think the camera is as good as it was with 1.5. Sleep mode conserves battery much better BUT awake burns through it fast enough to make up for that. Always less memory available than before. So it isn't faster, more efficient, or any better than 1.5 in any way that I can see. Oh and it seems as though signal strength bounces around a lot and randomly changes from 1x to Ev whenever it feels like it. One thing it did do was give us file transfer capability with Bluetooth and fixed messeging kind of, now it automatically resize.s everything you send down to dimly little pic that is basically useless and the is no setting adjustments for that. So I'm back to using handcent sms. Not to impressed, hope the Evo isn't functioning like this people are going to be pissed. That's just what I've noticed in the last week. And online keyboard is very laggy like right now Oh and I forgot...the bootup screen use to look like a high class HTC product and NOW it looks like a cheap piece of shit you would get for free from Sprint...NO SHIT I'M GOING THROUGH SPRINT, I don't need a commercial built into my phone pushing something I already have. Man I miss my little android waving at me. I suppose the only reason this bugs me is that it randomly reboots for no reason and i have to look at it every time.

Last edited by stealth919; 06-04-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: None

smartin23964 is a n00b

Phone reboots every time I try to use Maps or Sprint Navigation. This makes me just want to chuck it out my window! Really preferred the way my phone worked with 1.5. This 2.1 is a piece of crap, and doesn't even do all that it should. I waited how long for this??

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero