PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2010, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC G2 and HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Matchstick is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Matchstick Send a message via MSN to Matchstick Send a message via Yahoo to Matchstick Send a message via Skype™ to Matchstick
HTC Album took a crap

Hey guys,

Just a quick question. I was using Energy ROM for a little while. And since his last, three, updates I want to say, my phone has not been recognizing the My Pictures or DCIM folders from my SD in HTC Album. In fact, the album program hasn't been loading completely at all. I launch it and it flashes the screen, then closes.

I have also noticed that the camera program has not been saving to the SD card either. Under settings it doesn't even give me the option to do so.

I've flashed back to stock, and am still having the problem. I'm currently thinking about taking it back into T-Mobile, but can not find a relocker anywhere. Is there one? Do I need one? Did unlocking to flash custom ROMs break my warranty? Just curious guys, as to whether or not I'm screwed. Haha.

Thanks in advance,
The Matchstick

Last edited by Matchstick; 09-02-2010 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Grammatical corrections.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:26 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: HTC Album took a crap

you relock with the same app you unlocked. All the versions of HSPL have the original HSPL in them with the unlocked SPL.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Maybe try Task29 then flash shipped rom?

Last edited by horndoctor; 09-02-2010 at 08:44 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:12 PM
lwrdrchvy2

I forgot to mention that a T-mobile store can't really do anything with the phone. Only tech support is authorized to place an order for a warranty replacement. I work for t-mobile and unfortunately the majority of reps you will find in the stores don't know the first thing about troubleshooting a windows phone. If flashing a shipped rom doesn't solve the problem, your best bet is to contact tech support directly and they will have you hard reset the phone then order a replacement.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to Matchstick Send a message via MSN to Matchstick Send a message via Yahoo to Matchstick Send a message via Skype™ to Matchstick

Thanks for the info. I had gone into the store earlier today, and you're right, they didn't know anything about troubleshooting WinMo. And they openly admitted it. But I explained to them what I have already done to the phone, and the girl put a note on my account saying that everything was already done. So now I do have to call tech support. But at least now I won't have to hard reset the phone. Since she put on the note that we did it "in store". Haha. Even though I doubt they even know how.

And yeah the shipped rom didn't do squat other than put me back to 6.5 (I love my 6.5.3) which is annoying. I have no idea why Album is doing this. And haven't found any other people with the issue, I doubt it was a rom i flashed, since I was only using Energy. And with it still acting up on the stock rom, I have no idea. And i've troubleshot a bricked Diamond back to life. So I think I know what I'm doing. LOL.

Thanks again guys. This is why I love this site and keep coming back.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

AH HA! I figured out the problem!!! It was a corrupt picture file from a pic I downloaded from Twitpic! I simply deleted the picture, and everything works again!!! The camera recognizes the SD card, and HTC Album loads up just fine! Silly corrupt files!
Old 09-03-2010, 12:43 PM
lwrdrchvy2

gotta love the simplistic but often overlooked answers

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2