PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 02:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: TMoUS

Jett.Lewis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
file system

so im new to a having a *super phone* but very familiar with comps and what not. so im just wondering does the stupid file system anger anyone else? i keep trying to make sense of it like i would on a comp and it doesnt work... quite angering. any advice / recommendations?
Old 04-17-2010, 03:42 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1
Re: file system

what problems are you having with it? it works just like windows...

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 04-17-2010, 12:21 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

by file system are you referring to file explorer? If you aren't happy with it there are multiple others to choose from. Look into Total Commander or Resco Explorer, they are probably the most popular alternatives which also provide overwrite access to system files.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:29 AM
Lurker
Carrier: TMoUS
Threadstarter

Jett.Lewis is a n00b

i mean for example when the phone is connected to the PC its as tho i only get a limited view of the phone file system. i cant put .cab files onto the phone, then access it with the phone. (maybe im just not familiar enough with it yet.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:38 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

When it's connected to the computer it acts like a disk drive. What you're describing is normal.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff

Connect using ActiveSync and check "show all files" on the phone and PC...you're using the phone in thumbdrive mode and the storage card will not show on the phone while connected like this...
Old 04-18-2010, 11:27 PM
Almost a VIP

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jett.Lewis View Post
i mean for example when the phone is connected to the PC its as tho i only get a limited view of the phone file system. i cant put .cab files onto the phone, then access it with the phone. (maybe im just not familiar enough with it yet.
Not sure what you mean by "limited view".. You can see every file and folder on the phone when it's connected to your PC. You can put cab files on it and then access with the phone without any issues. Just make sure you show all files as mentioned in the last post.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

You can view files on the storage card "just like" you would any other drive a PC when using Disk Drive mode. But an Activesync connection to see files on your device or storage card does have some limits.

For example, if you select Properties for a .mp3 file on your PC you're going to get many more details than if you do the same for an MP3 file on your device when viewing via Activesync. But if that same MP3 file is on the storage card and you do a Disk Drive connection to the storage card you'll see all the details you would when that MP3 file is on your PC's hard drive.

I think earlier replies should have addressed any other issues you might have.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2